Chapter Thirty-Two: Girls' Night Fail

32) ruins your girls' nights by being utterly charming and all your friends wanna talk about for the rest of the night is him and how hot he is

Finally! All my friends and I had the same night off. No work. No schoolwork. No babysitting. No family stuff. Just us. I had been waiting for this night forever. Just a night with my besties to kick back and relax and not have to worry about anything.

Pillows and blankets littered the floor. Bowls of popcorn, chips, and candy were spaces between us. A movie was playing on the TV but no one was really paying attention to it. We were too busy gossiping about weird people in our classes and our awkward teachers and everything else.

Josh promised he wouldn't be home until at least 11:30, so I knew I had plenty of time with my girls before our party was crashed. I felt as if a burden was taken off my shoulders. I didn't have to worry about Josh breathing down my neck in everything I do for once. It felt nice. Like my wings were unbound and I was let out of my cage.

I was curled up between Riley (yes, Josh's niece Riley) and Lily, who was in my pottery class. Aria and Sammie, who were in my painting class, were draped over each other on the floor and sharing a giant bag of Sour Patch Kids. Meg, from my Drawing 101 class, was hoarding a bowl of popcorn and a two liter of Mountain Dew. I loved these people. Because they were my people. And that made me feel like the luckiest chic on the entire NYU campus.

We were all laughing so hard we were crying about some story Aria was telling about her twin brother when I thought I heard the floorboards creak. And maybe it was just one of us, but it sounded like it came from the other room.

"Shhhhh! Everyone be quiet for a sec!" I demanded. Honestly, I didn't remember locking the door, so someone could've snuck into the apartment.

I clicked on the lamp beside me and turned around to see Josh standing frozen in the middle of the kitchen. I frowned. He always seemed to be coming home earlier than he said he would. Which really ticked me off because I would make plans that didn't involve him and I did not appreciate him crashing those plans.

"Josh, what are you doing home?" I hissed angrily.

"Sorry to interrupt ladies but Andy got sick. So Joe took him back to his dorm. And Jake went with them because he's dorming with Joe. That left me and Tom and it was really awkward so I figured you wouldn't mind if I came home early. But I can see you have something going on here so I'll just text one of the guys and see if I can hang at their place for a bit longer." Josh rambled.

"No Josh! Stay!" Aria smiled warmly. Her eyes seemed to sparkle in a special way when she looked at him.

"I hope you don't mind if I speak to you privately." I was sickened by the way that Aria, Meg, Lily, and Sammie stared dreamily at Josh and giggled.

I untangled myself from the warmth of the blankets I was wrapped in and pulled Josh into my room. I heard rapid whispering from the living room and plenty of giggles. I was trying not to gag.

"You always come home earlier than you say. What gives? Do you just take pleasure in crashing everything that I do?" I kept my voice low so the girls couldn't hear my raging rant.

Josh just chuckled.

"Seriously, Josh. This has become a frequent thing. You say you'll be home at this time and then you come home like hours earlier. I was having a great time until you caused mass chaos in my squad. Just stay out of the way."

I shoved him into his room and shut the door behind me. It took a lot of effort not to pound my feet as I made my way back down the hallway. I whirled back around when I heard the squeak of door hinges and my name being whispered.

"Maya... Pst... I forgot to tell you. You scrunch your nose when you're angry." Josh chuckled again like that was the most hilarious thing ever.

And to make matters worse, and Riley was feeling my pain here, all the girls wanted to talk about for the rest of the night was how hot Josh is. And how lucky I am to be sharing a dorm with me. And how they'd give anything to share a dorm with him. And how nice his manners were (yeah right). And blah blah blah barf. Seriously, I might barf. I can feel it in the back of my throat. Ugh! Just kill me now!

A/N: okay so this chapter was super fun to write. I loved capturing the essence of the way you feel when you're spending time with your best friends and the essence of giddy love sick girls. This was definitely my favorite chapter. I also felt like it was my best. Let me know what you think! :)

Disclaimer: Aria, Megan, Sammie, and Lily are mine. But Mountain Dew, Sour Patch Kids, and the Girl Meets World characters are all products of someone else. I wish I owned them. Then I'd be rich! 💸💸💸

Follow, vote, comment.