Chapter Thirty-Eight: Learning to Lock Doors

38) "accidentally" walks in on you in the shower at least twice a week because he doesn't pay attention. Learn to lock doors

The hot water cascaded down my back, loosening my tense muscles. Art was stressful that day. We were supposed to pour all our emotions into our paintings, but I was feeling emotionless today. Don't know why. I just felt like a robot or zombie. Not fully aware of my surroundings or what was occurring to me. The assignment was hard. It really out my skills to the test and I barely finished within the class period.

I let the lyrics to Cheap Thrills pour from my mouth, echoing across the tiled bathroom. No one was home and I didn't care if the other apartments could hear me or not. It was releasing all the built up tension inside of me. A huge weight was taken off my shoulders and I felt freed.

Cheap Thrills quickly changed to Uptown Funk. Both of which I had heard on the radio when I was driving home from class that afternoon. The songs had gotten stuck in my head and as I discovered a very long time ago, the only way to get them out was to belt them in the shower. I know it sounds weird, but you've gotta try it sometime. It totally helps.

So anyways... I was minding my own business. I was deep conditioning and actually shaving my legs for once. That's a rarity. I'm never in the mood to be that precise with my showering, so I just skip it and wear pants. But then Josh walked in on me. He reached his hand into the shower and turned it to cold.

"Josh!" I screamed. It felt like someone had dumped a bucket of ice on me, which is pretty much what happened since it's ice water.

"Oh sorry Maya. I didn't see you in there." Lies. He always says it's an accident. But he always just turns the water to cold or something like that.

I just turned the water completely off. I had been in there for like an hour and a half. It was definitely time to get out and dry off.

"Josh, can you hand me my towel, please?" I requested as politely as I could, being as ticked off as I was.

He handed me my towel and then, quite oddly, didn't leave.

"Well, go on, get out of here." I shooed him away with my hands, but Josh stood firm with his feet planted into the floor like roots of a tree.

He only looked at me with his big, round, chocolate brown, puppy dog eyes. I caved. I leaned in and gave him a gentle peck on the cheek, figuring that's exactly what he wanted and was waiting for.

"There. Now will you go? That good enough for you?" I asked.

Josh didn't respond with words. He shook his head dramatically like a little kid did when they didn't get their way. His arms were even folded across his chest in the pouty way of a toddler.

I rolled my eyes, then leaned in to give him yet another kiss. This time, on the lips. It wasn't as deep or long as our first one. This one lasted about three seconds, but seemed to satisfy him enough.

"Now go!" I shooed him again," I gotta get dressed and stuff."

"And stuff." He echoed, chuckling.

"Just get out!" I pointed a finger at the door. Maybe he didn't know the way out...

After I was dressed and had put product in my hair and lotioned and done a million other things, I finally came out of the bathroom. Josh was waiting for me on the couch. I plopped down and whipped my hair over the shoulder closest to him. This sent a spray of water in his direction, splattering all over the side of his face.

"Gee, thanks..." Josh made a big show of wiping it off his cheek and then wiping it on my shirt.

I quickly braided my hair back messily so that I could snuggle into his side. His arm was slung around the back of the couch and I knew that the second I moved in closer, the arm would move to around my shoulders. And I was right.

"You smell good." Josh had his nose pressed into my damp hair.

"Hmmmm..." I sarcastically pondered, "I wonder why?"

Josh only laughed at my extremely fake sarcasm. He laughter shook his rib cage and j could feel it against mine. I leaned in closer to see if he still smelled like the cologne he sometimes overdosed on in the mornings. Nope.

I shoved him away playfully, simply stating: "And you smell like sweaty boy. Now it's your turn to shower."

A/N: That long enough? I don't what you guys's preferences are. I'm just kind of going off of what I like here. 'Cause personally, I sometimes get annoyed at long fanfic chapters. But that's just me. So let me know what needs fixed/changed and I'll call in the construction workers, aka myself. Thanks for reading!!

Disclaimer: Maya and Josh aren't mine. Neither are Cheap Thrills or Uptown Funk. (Honestly, I don't own much. Definitely not these guys.)

Follow, vote, comment.