Chapter Seventeen: Mine! Mine! Mine!

17) stingy about his car, his food, his clothes. Everything!

Josh is so stingy it isn't funny. I don't even really know how to explain.

I think that when he was being raised, his mom skipped over the crucial lesson on sharing that every child needs. He knows nothing about the subject. Even I, with my never present parents, know what sharing is and how to do it. (Though I might've learner from Riley and her parents.)

I'll give you an example.

His Car-

It was a warm, sunny day and Riley wanted to meet at Central Park for a picnic. And she doesn't live far from there, so she walked. Well I, on the other hand, live approximately 26 miles from Central Park. As you can tell, walking isn't an option.

And also to my advantage, my beat-up pick-up truck, which I believe is older than me, was in the shop for yet another malfunction. I know, right? Sucks for me.

So this is what I had to do:

I had Josh's keys dangling from my fingertips as I casually leaned in his doorway.

"Joshie? Can I borrow your car for the afternoon?" I asked sweetly with my fingers crossed behind my back.

"No." He answered rather rudely.

"Okay thanks. I promise nothing will- Wait what?" I was fully expecting him to say yes.

"You heard me. I said no. Besides, you have your own car."

"Ummm, not today I don't. It's in the shop."

"Well how unfortunate for you. Deal with it." He set his book down on the nightstand and sat up to look at me, "Why do you need my car anyways?"

"Riley wants me to meet her in Central Park for a picnic. You know that it's too far away to walk."

"Take the subway."

"Too crowded at this time of day on a Saturday. Why won't you let me take your car? I don't get it."

"'Cause it's mine. And I'm down talking about this. Take the subway. Bye! Have a nice day." He said sarcastically with a fake smile on his face as he snatched his keys from me and shoved me out of his room.

And yes, I was forced to take the overly crowded subway to and from Central Park.

A/N: another semi-shortie but whatever. They're short like Maya, right? (Sorry, Maya. I know you don't like to be called short but you had that one comin' for ya.) Please review. As I have said a million times before, every single comment means so much to me, good or bad. Thanks for reading!

Disclaimer: I wish these characters were mine. But sadly, they are not. :(

Follow, vote, comment.