Chapter Nine: Choice of Clothing

9) nitpicks relentlessly over your choice of clothes

I'm sure all you girls agree with me on this one. Leggings are super comfy and short skirts are totally cute. Short shorts are also.comfy and cute and low cute tops are just another in style. Well Josh however does t agree with me and seems to think otherwise. Here's some of his opinions on the previously listed clothing.

Leggings-

"What are you wearing?" Josh asked me as I was getting ready to go see a movie with Riley.

"Clothes, duh." I answered sassily.

"Please tell me you're not wearing those tight pants out in public."

"Too bad for you. I am."

"No. I forbid it." He pouted.

"Sorry officer, but I'm gonna need to see a badge that verifies that you're the fashion police. Look Josh, I need to get going or I'm gonna miss the movie." And I stalked out the door without another arguement.

Short Skirts-

It was concert night. Fall Out Boy was playing at the local arena. Riley, Smackle, and I were going and I couldn't wait. Picked out of my closet was my leather jacket, a plain black miniskirt, and a red lace tank paired with my black studded combat boots. I grabbed my purse just as I heard a sharp knock at the door. It was Riley and Smackle.

"You ready to go?" They asked.

"No, she's not." Josh answered for me, "She's gonna go change that ridiculous outfit right this minute."

"Fashion police strikes again." I complained, "Let's go guys."

I started for the door, but Josh grabbed my arm, holding me back.

"Uncle Josh, I think Maya looks fine." Riley smiled.

"And we really need to get going." Smackle added.

I love my friends. They always back me up when I need them.

"I don't think she looks fine. I think she looks like a stripper!"

"Josh!" I think we were all shocked.

In the end, I agreed to change into my ripped skinny jeans to please Josh and so I could get out of the apartment. And actually, the outfit looked better with jeans than with a skirt. So it was kind of a win win situation.

Short Shorts-

It was probably one of the hottest days that fall. I couldn't stand wearing pants and even my regular length shorts were making me hot. Josh and I were taking turns sitting on the air conditioning vent and sticking our heads in the freezers. We didn't even think about going outside. It would be even hotter in the sun.

My gym shorts were about mid-thigh length and were sticking to my legs, making me hot and uncomfortable. I just had to change into shorter shorts. Spandex was the best option.

We all know Joey's reaction. He didn't like them at all.

"No, we're not doing this again." He scolded.

"I'm not even going out in public." I argued.

"Go change."

"No. It's too hot."

He then seemed to remember the extreme heatwave we were going through and let the matter drop.

Low Cut Shirts-

Face it, we all own one or two. Some of us maybe more. I have a really cute on that I got in Disney a few years ago with Mickey and Minnie on it. And sometime I like to wear it. I see no problem with it. Well Josh did. He saw every problem with it.

"It's too low cut."

"You need a tank top under it."

"It's kinda see through."

"It's too tight."

Those were just a few of the things I heard him say that day.

I don't get why he's so nitpicky about what I wear. I betcha Shawn put him up to this. But it's my body and my clothes so I think I should be able to do whatever I want with them. And besides, I'm me, so when am I really ever gonna listen to what other people have to say?

A/N: geez! That one took a little while to write. What do ya think? Please tell me you liked it. I worked hard on that. Definitely one of the longer chapters and had a lot of dialogue in it. What do you guys think of Josh so far? Think he's finally taking interest in Maya? I guess you'll have to wait and see. Hope you guys are enjoying so far.

Disclaimer: I do not own the Girl Meets World characters, Fall Out Boy, Mickey, or Minnie. Sadly...

Follow, vote, comment.