Christmas

Hermione hadn't been sure whether or not to sent the small present to the person it had been intended for but the gift she'd received yesterday had made her mind up. She grabbed one of her best quills and a spare piece of parchment an wrote;

'I had been unsure you'd accept this but I hope you will

-Granger'

She attached it to the present and sent it off with Hooty.

Hermione remembered it was Christmas and knew that her daughter would want to wake her up so she climbed willingly back into bed and drifted off into a deep sleep.

That however didn't last for long as less than half an hour later Rose came running into her room squealing. The little girl pulled herself onto the bed and stated jumping purposely to wake her mum.

"Mummy it's Christmas! Mummy get up!" Rose squealed.

"I'm up, I'm up," Hermione said as she picked her daughter up and carried her out into the lounge.

Rose squealed again when she saw all the presents under the tree. She wasted no time in opening hers, piling up sweets, books, clothes, a knitted jumper from Mrs. Weasley was a surprise but Hermione was happy that she still saw Rose as a granddaughter.

Hermione had quite a laugh watching Rose rip open all her presents and squealing, even more. Hermione had got small pieces of jewellery off most people. She turned her attention to the small box she'd received the day before before unwrapping it carefully. Inside lay a silver hair grip made with two intertwined snakes both having small emeralds as eyes. Hermione knew that it was very expensive but she also knew the person who gave it to her had plenty of that. She wished she'd gotten him something a little more extravagant but she was aware she wouldn't have been able to afford something like that.

The rest off the day went quickly. Hermione took Rose down to a local park to build snowmen before tea.

"Bet you can't catch me!" Rose exclaimed as she sped of down the path. Or at least what can be considered speeding at two years old.

Hermione ran after her making sure she didn't get too far away. Once they'd got to a part of the park where the snow was quite thick Hermione showed Rose how to build snowmen. And of course like practically everything Rose got it straight away, her snowmen weren't as big as her mum but that was to be expected.

After a while Hermione went to it on one of the benches under the bare trees. She sat and watched her daughter playing in the snow. She didn't even notice a figure sitting down on the bench next to her.

"Hermione?" the figure asked.

Hermione was startled she turned round to see who it was. Her brown eyes met with his stormy grey.

"Draco?" Hermione asked.

"Hi, I see you're wearing your present," Hermione's hand went up to touch the grip.

"Oh yea, I love it. How did you pick?"

"I saw it and thought of you I guess," Draco shrugged.

Hermione pulled him into a quick hug, "thanks."

Draco held her face out in his hands, almost examining her. He pulled her towards him.

Hermione knew what was happening and surrendered to him. Their lips met and it felt to Hermione as if her emotions jump started, she felt everything possible.

"But mummy, you used to do that with daddy," Rose said causing Hermione to pull away.

"Yes, but we aren't Ron & Hermione any more he's Ron and I'm just Hermione or Mum to you," Hermione tried to explain her daughter seemed to understand but she saw Draco's face change, almost as if he was hurt. He quickly regained control, if you didn't have a keen eye you would have easily missed it.

'Did he want it to be Hermione & Draco?' the thought came rushing through her head.