Mummy?

Rose walked out of her room and into the kitchen. The bowl and cereal her mum always laid out was missing. She could tell that her mum hadn't cooked anything for breakfast and there was no noise in her room when she had passed. The little girl decided that her mum must still be in bed, so she chose to watch TV until she woke up.

Rose climbed up onto the sofa and realised the remote was not there. She lifted the cushions up but she couldn't find it. She peered over the edge of the couch.

There lying on the ground was Hermione.

Rose ran round the couch, "Mummy!"

When Hermione didn't move Rose shook her arm, "mummy? Why are you on the floor?"

Hermione still didn't wake. Her daughter shook her whole body, tears running down her face. She was only young she couldn't understand what was happening.

"MUMMY!" She screamed through tears, "MUMMY WHY ARE YOU ON THE FLOOR? WHY WON'T YOU WAKE UP?"

Rose didn't know what had happened or what was going on, but she did know a spell her mum had taught her. Her mum's wand was easy enough to find, left on the table next to her book. Hermione told her many times that she wasn't to use magic unless it was an emergency and she was pretty sure this counted as an emergency.

"Educet me adiuvet," Rose pointed her wand towards her mum.

A white cloud surrounded Hermione, obscuring her from Roses's view. The cloud started to fade, transforming itself into a small vial containing a clear liquid. Rose prised Hermione's mouth open letting the liquid fall down her throat. Hermione's limp body began to fade slowly, Rose caught hold of her hand.

They were pulled this way and that, the feeling an experienced wizard would associate with apparation. When they pulled back into reality they landed n a stone floor. Witches and Wizards dressed in white robes surrounded them levitating Hermione onto the nearest bed.

Many of the cast spells at her. Others busied themselves bandaging wound and healing bruises. Hermione lay there lifeless.

Rose stood there watching the scene unravel until a elderly witch led her out to the main office.

"Who are you deary?" the witch asked her.

"R-r-rose We-weasley," the little girl stammered.

"And how did you get here?"

"Educet me adiuvet. My mum taught me."

"Is that your mum? The woman you brought here?"

"Y-y-yes. Is she okay," Rose asked.

"Yes of course, Hermione's always been a fighter."

There was a knock on the door and the elderly witch walked over to open it.

"Hiyah Rose," Harry said.

"You are going home with the Potters," Rose was informed.

"But I want to see my mum!" Rose started wailing.

"I'm sure you can come and visit soon."

"But I won't to see her NOW!"

Harry wrapped his arms round the little girl picking her up. She screamed in to his chest as he pulled her out the building. Rose still protested as he apparated them home.