The Boy with the Dark Mittens part3

I shrug. "I just don't see why they're such a big deal. I don't get why things that are different from other things are such a big deal." A tear slips down his cheek.
   After dinner we walk around near my apartment. "So what do you do? Or where do you go to school?" We've been asking each other questions and getting to know one another. "I in a hardware store and go to the community college part time." I nod. "I work at the Barnes and Noble down the street and go to Emerson." Now we're on the stoop of my apartment. His gloves are on. My hands are twisted together. I like him. I like jimmy. He has a nice way of talking and I like the way he thinks. He had cute dimples and big brown eyes.
    I gently take his right hand in mine and slip his glove off. His hand is big. Not abnormally big just big. His ring and pinkie finger are bound together. So are his index and middle fingers. I look at them and walk my fingers over them lightly. I hold his hand in mine. Our fingers can't really intertwine so I just grasp his hand. At first his hand is limp in mine but then he grips mine. "I like you." I say it in an exhale. Nearly audible. But he hears it. "Me too. I like you too." I lean my head on his shoulder and we just sit. It starts to rain. Just a soft drizzle. "Do you wanna come inside?" He nods. I unlock and open the door. "Nice place." We slip our shows off and sit on the couch. "Do you want to watch tv or a movie?" He shakes his head no. We talk some more and talk about music and good books. "It's getting late I should go." It's 1:24am. I hadn't realized how late it was. I nod and walk him to the door. "It was nice meeting you, Y/N." He gives me a piece of paper with his number on it. "I'll call you tomorrow?" He nods. "I had fun. For the first time in a while I actually enjoyed myself." I smile and look at him.
I look at his lips and back at his eyes. Lips. Eyes. Lips. Eyes. I lean in to kiss him lightly. Then I pull away. But then he grabs either side of my fave and pulls me back in. It isn't forceful but it isn't light or gentle. It's firm and strong and lovely. "Goodnight Y/N." Jimmy says breaking away. "Goodnight."
   And with that he walks out the door.

I don't know if I should continue this. Maybe. Maybe not. We'll see❤️🦄