Used Books

I enter my favorite store, maybe even place, on Earth. Used Books. That's the name. Simple, unlike and just like its contents. As I walk in I breathe in the smell of the old and new books I can't wait to get my hands on. I walk past the cafe area where the owners son sits reading an unidentifiable paperback. I I walk through the isles until I reach one that seems suitable for me. I peruse for a while and then return to the front to pay for my books.
    The owners son who was perched behind the coffee counter is now at the register. "That comes out to $86.12." He still doesn't look up to me as I try handing him the money. I look at his name tag. "Uh, Evan is it?" Then he looks up from his paperback read. "Oh sorry I was just-" and he stops as he stares. Is there something on my face? Do I have something In my teeth? A bee on my shoulder? "Is there something wrong?" I ask concerned. "Uh, no you're just really pretty." He blushes bright red. "I don't know why I said that." He mumbles, flustered, as he pushes up his glasses. 
    I chuckle a bit. He's actually really cute when I can actually see his face. "It's ok. You're not too bad yourself. So what are you reading? Looks intriguing." He searched for something to say. "It's called The Cellar by Natasha Preston. It's about a girl who-" I cut him off. "Oh I've read that one. It's really good." Side note: this book is on wattpad and it's really good.
      "Oh. Yea it's good." I nod and he takes my money off the counter and puts it into the register. "So can I get a coffee?" He nods and walks over to the cafe. I carry my books over to the other counter. "So how long have you been working here? Isn't it your dads business? I haven't seen him around in a while and I'm here all the time." He turns toward the coffee maker but dips his head down. "He passed away a while ago." Oh no. "I'm so sorry I didn't know." He shrugs. "Yea it's ok. But uh, I just took over the store and stuff. I'm pretty sure we're gonna go out of business soon." He turns back around with two coffees and hands one to me. "I'm pretty sure you're the only thing keeping me in business right now. You come in about three times a week." I laugh and dip my head.
    "I didn't think you'd notice. You always have your head stuck in a book." He shakes his head. No I just am really shy around you." He takes a sip of his coffee.
    "Whys that?" I ask. "I've had a huge crush on you for a long time but never gotten up the courage to say anything." He pushes up his glasses again. It's cute.  "And today?" He shrugs and says, "You spoke first." I smile at that. "Yes I did. I've always been a bit chattier than everyone else."
     He comes around the counter and sits next to me on a bar stool. "I like that. But when you look at books it's like watching someone inspect a scientific project. So accurate and calculating." I give him an awkward shrug suddenly embarrassed. "Well I have to be. Reading a book is going on an adventure, transporting to another world. I don't want to be stuck in a bad one."  He nods, understandingly. "So I take it you like all different kinds of books judging form from your new haul." In my new stack of old books I have genres differing from sci-fi to philosophy to non-fiction. "Yea. I'm pretty open minded." He smiles and I notice his dimples and the way his hair is floppy but not lifeless. He really is cute. "Well are you open minded enough to go on a date with me?"
    I pretend to look like I'm thinking about it. He looks a bit worried but then I laugh and say, "Of course. I'd love to go on a date with you."

Not sure if I should have this just be a one part imagine or if I should make more parts to this. Let me know if you guys want more parts to this imagine. But anyway thanks for reading😸❤️