I dont want to be right

"Please, Evan just tell me the truth. Are you really depressed or are you Kaitlyn using it as a line so I like you?" He looks at me in shock. When Evan and I first met I told him that I felt with depression and he said he did too. Lately I've been feeling like it was all a lie to make me more interested in him. "Of course I'm actually depressed. I'd never- I could never!" He shouts.
     "I'm sorry, I just-" he cuts me off abruptly. "Just what?! You know Y/N, it really hurts that you could think that."
    I shake my head and hold my head in my hands. I'm standing in the living room facing Evan who is sitting on the couch. "I believe you." He gets up and stands at his full height. "Do you? Because right now it seems like you don't." I don't know what to say. Because everything is so confusing to me right now.
     "Do you think I'd lie about something so serious?" I shake my head. "Evan, just tell me that I'm wrong. Tell me I'm horribly wrong. Because I don't want to be right." Evan starts to pace. "You're more than wrong. You're sick if you really think I could do that."
    Tears start streaming down my cheeks; tears out of anger towards myself, frustration because I messed up big time accusing him of this, and fear, that I  might lose him. "I am sorry, Evan."
    And it's the truth. "I love you so much." He says but when he says it, it seems like he's saying it in past tense. "What do you think of me now? How did you think of me before?" I ask honestly curious."
   He laughs a sad, dry laugh. "You were beautiful and funny and exciting and different and perfect and full of love." I was. Evan and I have been drifting apart for a couple of weeks now. "And now?" I prompt him. "Now, you're cold and distant and I feel like I don't, like I never mattered to you."
    "Evan no. No, you matter to me. I hate that we've drifted apart. I've just been dealing with a lot." He nods his head. "Well do you have anything else to say?" He shakes his head.
   I start towards our shared bedroom. "You can say anything to me." He starts putting his bed together on the couch. I guess we're not sleeping in the same bed together tonight. "K." One word. One letter. The worst of them all. I don't know if I can fix this. Not if we can fix this. But if I can. Because I'm the one who messed this up.

Sorry I haven't been posting. A lot of stuff is happening right now and I appreciate you guys not hounding me for updates. You guys are the best.❤️❤️