Breakup

"Evan, I think we should break up." I state. Evan has been so distant lately and I'm worried he's lost interest in me or worse, that he's cheating. "Y/N, why?" Were at the dining table. He cooked pasta for dinner. "It's just that you've been so distant lately. I'm scared you've lost interest in me or-" I stop myself from accusing him of cheating.
   "Or what?" I take a deep breath in and just say it. "Or that you found someone else. Someone better than me." He drops his fork and quickly stand up from his chair. "If never- I could never- Y/N- how could you think-" he's talking in choppy segments. I get up too.
    "Well. You've just been so distant. What is it than? We haven't done on a date night or you know done it in a month either." Evan curses under his breath. "Well? What is it?"
    Evan gets down on one knee in front of me and reached out to grab my hand. What is he doing? "Y/N, I'm in love with you. I'm not cheating on you or trying to be distant. I've just been trying to find the right moment. I was worried I'd mess up and tell you at the wrong time so I was trying to wait until I felt like it was time." I give him a quizzical look.
    "Y/F/N, I have loved you, been in love with you, since we got in our first fight. Do you remember? We were fighting over if we should move in together or not. I wasn't sure I was ready but you wanted to. You put up such a good fight, and that is when I realized if met my match. I love you, and will be with you for as long as you want me."
    He pulls out a black box from his pocket. "I've been carrying this around for a month. So, will you marry me."
    At first I'm speechless. But then I nod and get on my knees to wrap myself around him. I pull back to kiss him. And when I pull away he slides the ring on my finger. It's a silver band with a small but beautiful diamond on it. "Now," he says, "let's go do something that we haven't done in a month."