twelve

"I still don't think I'm over my hangover from Friday," Luke grumbled as he trudged into the kitchen, pouring himself some coffee while I ate my muffin at the table.

"Well you're not skipping classes or work today," I said. "You have an exam in a couple weeks, you need to study."

"I know mom," he rolled his eyes as he stirred the sugar into his cup and got a muffin to eat as well.

"Drink lots of water today," I said. "You should be over it soon enough and maybe next time you'll learn to not get piss drunk on wine and champagne."

"Yeah, yeah." Luke plopped down on the chair and started eating his muffin as I finished mine, heading to the bathroom to brush my teeth before I grabbed my jacket and bag and apartment key to head out the door.

"I'll see you later," I called to Luke before leaving and catching the bus to work.

Before I knew it, it was time for lunch and I decided to go down and eat lunch with the rest of my coworkers for once. Niall was right, I didn't really show myself much while I was at work.

I sat down at a table with Niall and Michael, who were discussing something related to a project they were working on together.

"Hey Taylor!" Niall waved and smiled at me, moving aside so I could sit by him across from Michael.

"Well this is unusual," Michael teased. "Decided you wouldn't be antisocial today?"

"Very funny," I teased back. "I figured you guys were right about what you said on Friday, I am a bit of a recluse sometimes."

"Speaking of Friday," Michael said as I got out my sandwich. "How's Luke doing? He could barely walk when you guys left."

"He thinks he's still hungover," I laughed. "Do hangovers even last over the span of a weekend?" I'd been hungover before but not for longer than 24 hours.

"Who knows," Michael laughed as well. "But he was pretty wasted on Friday."

"Yeah he was." I took a bite into my sandwich as Michael continued the conversation.

"So what was with you and Ashton?" Michael asked. "You guys looked like you wanted to kill each other when you first saw each other but by the time you were going to leave you were acting like a couple." He wiggled his eyebrows at me.

"Oh Taylor," Niall nudged me. "Not so single anymore now are you?"

"Well, it was a bit awkward because last week I saw what looked like him flirting with some other girl when I thought that it was pretty clear that we were a 'thing' or whatever you call it considering we'd already been on a few dates--"

"Whoa, wait a minute," Michael cut me off. "You didn't tell me you guys were dating."

I shrugged. "I don't know. We've been out a few times and I think it's progressing?" What were we?

"He's a nice guy," Niall nodded. "We're decently good friends and he's a bit strange, but he's not a bad person."

"But what do you mean what looked like flirting?" Michael asked. I always found it funny that Michael loved gossip as much as a teenage girl.

"Well it turned out to be his ex girlfriend from high school that's now a lesbian," I said. "I guess I overreacted a little bit."

"A lesbian?" Michael asked, almost laughing. "Taylor you must have a really weak gaydar."

"Yeah I guess you could say that," I laughed, although I was thinking about all the times I teased Luke about being gay.

"How was meeting your girlfriend's parents?" I asked Niall, changing the subject.