fifteen

I woke to a gentle, slow rise and fall movement and it took me a moment to realize where I was.

I sat up from laying against Ashton's chest, immediately regretting that decision. My heart started pounding and I started to remember everything that had happened the night before.

I was still in my dress and even my heels, and Ashton was snoring quietly on the couch, also still in his clothes from the night before.

I literally rolled my eyes remembering how I acted. I was so drunk, god that's embarrassing.

I quietly got up off the couch and draped a blanket over Ashton to let him sleep a bit longer. I took off my heels and first made a stop in the kitchen to get a glass of water, then to my bedroom to get sweats.

On my way to the bathroom, Luke came out wearing his pajama pants and looked at me confused. "Why are you still in your dress?"

"It's a long story," I rolled my eyes. "I'll tell you later. I'm going to take a shower, can you make sure Ashton stays? I want to make him breakfast because I feel bad about him having to take care of me last night."

"Go ahead and take a shower, I'll make breakfast," Luke said. "You look like hell."

"I feel like it." I closed the door and looked in the mirror and flinched at my reflection. I had makeup smeared everywhere and my hair looked like a nest. No thank you.

I spent about 5 minutes untangling my hair in the shower, practically ripping it out in clumps once I had conditioned it. I got out and didn't bother to dry my hair or do anything with my appearance before coming out to the living room again and smelled bacon.

Ashton stirred a little on the couch and looked confused at where he was. I'm assuming he remembered what happened the night before because then he frowned and sat up, rubbing his eyes.

"Morning," I said quietly, sitting by him on the couch. "Luke is making breakfast."

"That's okay, I can just eat when I get home--"

"No really, I insist that you stay for breakfast," I said, cutting him off. "Luke makes really good breakfasts anyways, you'll enjoy it."

"Okay." He smiled at me, and reached down to untie his shoes, which were also still on from the night before.

"That was quite a night last night," he laughed, running his hands through his messy hair.

"Yeah it was," I agreed, almost laughing as well.

"Hey lovebirds, breakfast is ready!" Luke called from the kitchen and I was grateful for this; I was getting uncomfortable sitting there with Ashton after the way I'd behaved the night before.

I ate my breakfast quietly and Ashton and Luke talked about various guy subjects that I didn't understand. I was too caught up in my own thinking to pay attention anyways.

"Well I have some work I need to do at home," Ashton said as I took his plate to put in the sink. "I have yard work and a leaky faucet to take care of."

"No problem," Luke said as he began unloading the dishwasher.

"Thank you for breakfast, Taylor was right about you making it really good," Ashton said, smiling at me after thanking Luke.

"I'll see you around," he said, giving me a quick hug before heading out the door.

I watched Luke unload the dishwasher in silence for a couple minutes, not sure what to say.

"So are you going to explain what happened last night with Ashton?" he asked, glancing at me as I walked to the sink to rinse the few dishes and load them into the now empty dishwasher.

"Yeah," I said. "I don't know, I was really drunk last night, and when we got here Ashton got me a glass of water and I asked him to stay and sit and talk to me so he did. Then I somehow ended up asking him about his childhood, which led to me mentioning my asshole father and then I cried. I don't know why I cried. I never cry over like anything, especially not something so stupid."

"So you and Ashton just crashed on the couch?" he asked.

I nodded. "I didn't mean for him to stay all night, I guess I passed out on him and he passed out too."

"I gotta say, I never would have expected something like this from you," Luke laughed, shaking his head.

"Well I'm pretty sure your night was ruined anyways," I said.

"Yeah," he rolled his eyes. "Don't remind me. I just came home and changed and went to bed. I was so done with everything."

"Well I can't say I wouldn't be frustrated if some girl puked on me," I laughed, making him cringe.

"It was so gross," he looked at me with disgust. "It smelled so bad too, it literally made me gag. I'm pretty sure my nostrils are still burning from the stench of stomach and bad alcohol."

"Ew!" I laughed, wrinkling my nose at his description.

"Exactly! I'm going to go take a shower and do laundry because I'm pretty sure I can still smell it on myself," he said, walking out of the kitchen as I finished wiping off the counters.

I spent the afternoon dusting and straightening up our apartment. I cleaned the bathroom once Luke was out of the shower and vacuumed the floor in the living room, which had dirt on it from Ashton and I not taking off our shoes when we got inside.

I was laying in my bed reading a book when my phone was ringing on the table next to my bed. It was Ashton.

"Hey," I said into the speaker, placing a bookmark on my page and sitting up.

"Hey, I usually don't call the day after we go out but it's been bugging me all afternoon," he said.

"What has?" I questioned.

"I just wanted to apologize to you because I shouldn't have stayed last night," he said. "It was so disrespectful of me, I should have just gotten you to your bed and left and--"

"No Ashton, I'm sorry," I said. "The way I acted last night was so embarrassing and I'm so sorry that you had to practically babysit me all night."

"I didn't mind, but I guess we both have things to not let happen again next time," he laughed.

"Yeah I guess so," I managed to laugh a little too, relieved that he didn't find me as too much of a burden as I was scared he might.

"I just didn't want you to think that I was trying to take advantage of you last night," Ashton said. "I just--"

"It's okay, really," I cut him off again. "Don't be sorry."

"Okay," he said. "Maybe we could get together and do something together this week. Something that doesn't involve alcohol."

"That's a good idea," I said. "I'll check my work schedule for the week and let you know when I find out."

"Okay, that sounds good," he said. "I'll see you Tuesday Taylor Parks."

"Bye Ashton." I hung up and set my phone back on the table and went back into my book, somehow a bit more relaxed than I was before.

(filler update for this chapter and the next but good stuff is coming soon I promise!!)