nineteen

"Hey Taylor," Michael waved me over to his table with Niall and I smiled and sat down for a few minutes.

"Hey guys." I pulled out my sandwich and joined in on their conversation.

"She loves Mexican food so I'm going to take her to this Mexican restaurant downtown for dinner," Niall said.

"Nice," Michael nodded. "Julie hates going out on Valentine's Day so I'm making her some dinner at home and we're going to watch movies."

"I'm guessing Megan will just want to hang out and watch corny chick flicks," Niall rolled his eyes. "I'll run her a hot bath with bubbles and rose petals."

"Oh Niall that's so thoughtful and romantic, she'll love that," I encouraged him. A hot bath sounded so nice.

"Do you have plans with Ashton, Taylor?" Michael asked.

"Well he said he has plans but I don't know what he has planned yet," I said. "All he said was to meet at our usual spot in Starbucks and to not be late."

"Oh he's got a plan alright," Michael grinned. "When Ashton talks like that, he's got something planned out and he's going to try to make it absolutely perfect."

My stomach twisted in excitement for what it might be.

"Well I've got a ton of stuff to do," Michael said. "We have so much to do in finance now with the possibility of a merging company, we can't get a single break with all this work."

"Have a great time with Julie tonight," I said to Michael as he left.

"We've got lots to do in editing too," Niall said. "We should both get to them."

"You're right," I nodded. "I'll see you around."

-

I walked into Starbucks right around 5:00 pm and Ashton was sitting waiting patiently in our usual spot.

"Taylor Parks," he smiled and pulled me in for a hug before taking my arm and walking with me right back out the door.

"Don't worry, I already cleared this up with Luke," he winked at me, holding my hand as we walked down the sidewalk. His truck was parked in one of the parallel parking spots and we got in right away and he pulled out onto the street.

"I may be bad at parking in parking lots but I am great at parallel parking," he bragged.

"I remember your asshole parking from our first date," I laughed. "I should have brought sidewalk chalk to make a special parking place for you."

"I'll let you do that sometime just because it'll bring you joy," he said.

Before long we were in a small neighborhood and going down the roads until we reached a somewhat small house.

"Is this your house?" I asked when we got out of his truck and walked up to the door. Of course it is, are you dumb Taylor?

"Yes it is," he smiled.

He opened the door and his house smelled like cedar and cinnamon, like how he usually smells. He must burn candles that smell like it.

I took off my shoes and jacket at the front door, leaving me in my socks and sweater as I followed Ashton through his living room and into his kitchen.

His kitchen made me want to drool. It had black marble countertops, an oak table and stainless steel sink. The floors were almost blinding how white they were, and I already knew his house was going to make my apartment look like a dump.

"Shit," I whispered, looking at the cream colored wallpaper with flowers lining the edges.

"Are you alright?" Ashton asked, reaching into the fridge to pull out a metal disposable pan with foil over the top, preheating the glorious oven.