twenty-eight

"So Calum decided to spontaneously ask if you and I wanted to join him to go out tonight with his new date," Luke said to me Friday morning as we were eating breakfast.

"Aw, I'm sorry to hear that," I said as Luke sat down with his muffin at the table.

"Why?" He looked confused. "I thought it was nice of him to invite us along."

"Oh it is," I agreed. "I'm guessing this means you guys broke up."

He rolled his eyes. "Very funny."

I smiled at him across the table. "Yeah, that'll be fun. Where are we going?"

"I don't know, there's some party he was talking about," he said.

"I am not going to some lame ass college party." I rolled my eyes. "I am 24 years old, Luke."

"It's not a 'lame ass college party,' Taylor," Luke replied. "I'm pretty sure it's at a club or something."

"Well I don't want to have to take of you getting piss drunk," I said.

"Come on, Taylor," he said. "You've just been spending time with Ashton a whole bunch lately and we miss you. It'll be fun."

I sighed, hesitating for a moment. He was right; ever since Ashton and I made things official I've been spending most of my time with him. I needed to go out with some friends.

"Fine," I gave in. "As long as you don't get so drunk you can't walk again."

"I wouldn't dream of it."

-

When I got home from work with Luke, I made us some dinner before changing into a dress to wear to go out and Luke and I went down to his car to meet with Calum and his mysterious date.

I walked in with Luke and saw a bunch of girls grinding on each other and guys, or basically anything that was nearby. The room was a little smoky and dark with black lights and loud music. I literally rolled my eyes.

"That's enough polyester to polyester friction to start a fire," I cringed as I held onto Luke's arm and walked through the crowd of people to meet Calum and a little blonde girl at a table. And by little I mean petite; skinny legs, skinny arms and a small waist.

"Hey Luke! You convinced Taylor to join us!" Calum smiled at us both as we sat down across from them and I bounced my leg up and down, feeling anxious around the large group of people.

"This is Abbi," he introduced his date to us. "Abbi, these are my friends Taylor and Luke."

"It's nice to meet you," I smiled and shook her hand across the table, as did Luke.

It spiraled into a small conversation with Luke and Calum catching up on a few things that had happened recently.

Luke leaned over to me when Calum and Abbi started talking about something. "Hey, loosen up a bit. I can practically feel your tension all the way over here."

"Sorry," I said. "I don't like big crowds of people."

Luke placed his hand on my knee and stopped my leg from bouncing up and down so much, turning back to Calum and Abbi.

"So how long have you guys been together?" Abbi asked us.

"Me and Luke?" I asked, and Luke started laughing.

"Yeah, you guys seem really happy," she smiled.

"Oh, we aren't like that... At all," I laughed. "We're strictly friends. Absolutely nothing more. I have a boyfriend."