Flow

Dedication to NiallersTinyTurtle for her comment on last chapter! :)

Chapter 17

Flow

Zayn's POV

I didn't know what I was feeling. It was strange, as if a part of me is no longer there, in me. I felt as if someone has took something so precious from me and I can't do anything about it. I was tied and numb. I remember how she smiled at me, when we first met. I remember how she would play with her hair when she was feeling awkward. I remember how she made me feel when she smiled. 

For me, she has always been the girl Uncle Raj would always talk about. He told me about Naina too but not as much as Meera. I would never get bored of listening about her. Without even meeting her, she had become a part of my life. But it was before I met her. Before, she was just a part, an unnamed part of my life but when I bonded with her, I didn't know what to call us. Were we best friends? Were we just friends? Or was I just a friend of her crush?

Last possibility was like slap in my face. Was I just that? A friend of the boy she was crushing on and possibly in love with? Was she just trying to ... no. I have known about her since i was 14. She's not like that.

I didn't know when I fell for her. She was always the girl my uncle talked about. But now I can't do anything. She's just so precious and innocent that she would never look at me the way she does at Harry. For her, he is the only one. And it hurt me. Badly.

So badly that I didn't pick any calls in past two days, nor did I reply to any messages.

Why did it had to be Harry for her letters? Wasn't I good enough? Wasn't I known as the guy who is a good listener among us five? Why couldn't she think of writing to me? Was it my obsession with my looks that turned her off? Was it because I am Muslim? I know our Dharmas have a fight with each other but, she couldn't let that come between us, would she? 

Why couldn't she like me? 

I had done nothing wrong but hide the truth from her. But in a way, I was just trying to keep her away from getting hurt. Is this the price of it? That she won't.... Love me back?

My head felt heavy as I let the tears flow down which somehow managed to do so without any facial muscle movement done. My eyes felt as if they would bleed whenever they friction with my eyelids. I looked down at the bracelet she gave me. It wasn't a present on some special occasion, she had said, it was just a gift from a best friend to another best friend which would symbolize eternal friendship, and the tears came flooding back again. I laid back in the airplane chair, closing my eyes to stop them flowing anymore.

I was flying back to London where all my mates and Meera were. I didn't know how to face her anymore, without breaking down or running away. A glimpse of her was enough for me to fall for her all over again. I tried to fall out of love with her by going to clubs and meeting other girls but they weren't her to make me feel the way she did. I gave up and decided to just face the reality. 

~

I walked through the door of my apartment to see what I never expected to.  

There was an angel curled up on my couch with a blanket clutched tightly in her hands, sleeping peacefully. However, the puffiness of her eyes told me that she was feeling anything but peaceful. Without taking my eyes off Meera, I shut the door quietly behind me and put my suitcases down. As I was taking my shoes off I heard her sniff and move a bit. My head shot up in her direction when she muttered, "Zayn?" 

Without a second thought, I rushed to her and wrapped my arms around her shoulders, pulling her into me and buried my face in her hair.

"Meera, what happened?" I whispered.

"I missed you! I thought... I thought you were ignoring me! You didn't pick any of my calls or replied to any of my messages! I thought you were mad at me for something I done even know I did." She suddenly started hitting me with a pillow. 

"Oww, stop! Stop! I'm sorry!" I said while trying to swat away her fluffy attacks. "I'm sorry, M! calm down, Oww!"  She kept the pillow back on the sofa and stood up, pulling my hand with her while the electric currents flew through my hand that she held. She faced me and took a deep breath. And what she did literally knocked me down.

She lunged at me, attacking me with her giant bear hug while latching her arms on my shoulders. She had thrown all of her weight on me but right now I didn't mind. 

"Hey Shhh... I was just gone for four days, babe, and my phone was... well..." I recked my brain to find an excuse but before I could say something she interrupted me.

"A-are you not okay with me and... Harry?"  I froze.We were currently lying on the ground with her on top of me and her face buried in my neck. My hands were still on her waist and shoulder, with my head buried in the silkiness of her dark brown hair. 

"I-Its not like that! Why would you think that?" I hated myself for lying to her. She didn't deserve to be lied to, but she didn't deserve the complications I could bring with my truth either. She pulled away and looked at me, in my eyes as I tried to look as sincere as possible but after a few seconds I couldn't. I looked away and stared at her forehead instead. Her hair were a mess and her small flicks were stuck to her forehead. Even to me, this messy look of her was beautiful. I ached to be able to push away the hair with my finger tips, to caress her cheeks, to trace her lips, but I couldn't. I wasn't the one who was allowed to do that.

But I couldn't stop myself from doing so. I lifted my hand slowly without meeting her gaze. Probably this is my only chance of getting closer to her and I didn't want to miss it. My fingertips slided across the smooth skin of her temple as they pushed back her hair. I felt her stiffen. Oh God what am I doing? But I couldn't stop myself, my hands. I felt her breath hitch as I cupped her cheek. My thumb grazed the tip of her upper lip, tracing the plump outline of her lips as if they were carved into a stone. Beautiful. I hoped she didn't notice how my heartbeat was speeding up every second. My heart felt like it would jump out of my ribs. I could feel her eyes looking into mine but I coudn't return the gaze. I was afraid that if I did, this dream-like moment would break. I didn't want that as much as I knew that this is probably going to be as far as this would go.

Oh how wrong I was.

I didn't notice I was leaning in until I felt her breathe against my skin. Suddenly, I was too aware of her hand around my waist, slightly grazing the exposed skin of my back where my t-shirt had rose up. 

I couldn't believe what happened next.

Ohhh! Cliffy a bit! Guys my last chapter was read by about 40 people and only 7 voted. It doesn't take much of your efforts to just press the button of vote, Pwease? Every time I check my votes, I become discouraged by the lack of votes or comments compared to the reads...

Please vote and comment and fan maybe?