Alone

Hello! How are you all? Here's an update!!!

Chapter 24

Alone

Meera's POV

I opened the door only to be greeted by a calm and composed face of Liam which held an awkward and forced smile and I immediately knew something was wrong. Over the time we spent together with the other boys Liam was supposed to be the hardest one to read but for me, the easiest one. Maybe because I had a lot of similarities with him. Like, how we got awkward whenever we were told to do something embarrassing as dare or when it came to our expressions. The ways we hid them were the same, exact actually. 

"Liam." Now he really looked at me and I guess he understood because the next thing he did was grab my hand and pull me out of the house. 

"W-Where are we going? What happened? Liam, answer me!" He ignored my questions and continued pulling me till we reached the park nearby. My hair were untied and now a tangled mess as we arrived at the spinner (Round plate with bars to hold onto which spins as we push it).Liam gently put a hand on my back to urge me to step on it. I was beyond confused. Why did he bring me here, on the spinner? Did he really want to play right now? For a moment I was worried about his mental well-being but as he gave a small push to the spinner and stepped up in the same triangle as me, with his eyes casted down, I knew it was beyond that.

"I... I love Zayn." I froze. Somehow I knew it was coming but nothing could have prepared me for this moment. "And he loves you." I felt like every breath was suddenly knocked out of me. I couldn't breathe. I knew he liked me and to a certain extent I would like him forever but I never knew what it was for him. It was love. Strangely, what I felt more than anything that moment was guilt. Guilt that if I never had gotten so close to Zayn, he would have never loved me. Instead he could have seen Liam as a lover. But stupid me, it was always me. The one with the root of problems. It was like my lungs were contracting and blocking every breath I tried to take in. All the spinning was too much for me and my hold on the bars slipped, I felt like i hit something hard and then everything went black.

*

The first thing I felt was a hand in mine, grasping it and squeezing occasionally. The next was the masculine voice which faintly repeated "He's going to kill me, Harry is going to freak out. Oh god how am I supposed to explain this to him? He's going to freak out and then kill me oh god, oh god." I chuckled at it and slowly peeled my eyes open. the first thing I saw was the faint blue colored ceiling of the guest room in Zayn's house. I tried to remember how I got here and turned my head to see Liam with tears in his eyes.

"Liam. I'm okay." I croaked. My voice came out raspy and again, I whispered, "water, please." I saw him nod furiously and get up. He disappeared into the bathroom and got a glass of water out. It was still strange that people here drank water from the bathroom tap also but I was slowly getting used to it. Instead of giving the glass in my hand, he held it up to my lips. The tenderness with which he did that was so touching I felt my heart swell and I just wanted to hug him. He was the brother everyone would want and I felt lucky to have him. 

He put the glass down on the bedside table and turned to me. "Meera, I know what I said to you and-"

"Li, to be honest, I sort of saw it coming. I knew but I didn't know it would be so soon. I.... I don't know what to say..."

"He had come to me, M. When he realized he... he had talked to me and I didn't have any feelings for him then but that night... I felt so scared for him, I didn't want his heart to break and that had scared me as why, why am I so scared for him. But then, I had this nasty break up with D-Danielle and I sort of just, I know it sounds cheesy and corny and whatever you call it but, I started to see him as my anchor, he had held me while he was breaking too but he was there for me and you know what? That was the est feeling in the world Meera. Knowing that no matter what he won't leave your side is the best feeling. But now I don't know. " He took a deep breath.