almost is never enough (part 2) -stefan salvatore

A/N: If you didn't read the first part of this imagine than don't read this. Sorry this is so short.

You had finally stopped crying. You and Elena were talking about something else to help take your mind off of what you witnessed earlier.

The two of you heard the grill door open and footsteps getting closer to the two of you. "I'll see who it is, wait here" Elena instructed considering she was a vampire and you were human she didn't want you to get hurt.

"Go away Stefan" you heard Elena say, you could tell she rolled her eyes just by her voice. "Elena I just want to talk to her" he tried to reason with her but Elena refused to let him near you.

You decided to talk to him. You stood up and walked over to them. "Elena it's ok it's not like he's gonna kill me" with that Elena left you two alone.

"So, where's your girlfriend? Did she leave?" You asked. "What happened back there?" He asked you completely ignoring what you had said. "It's nothing, stupid actually" you replied not wanting to answer him. "C'mon you can tell me anything were best friends" "that's the problem Stefan I don't want to be your friend" after you said that you could see the hurt on Stefan's face. "I mean I want to be more than friends. I was about to tell you but than she showed up and I've been too scared of being rejected. Elena and Caroline, even your brother have been trying to get me to tell you but I didn't know how." You ranted. Stefan was speechless, he had no idea you felt this way about him.

"I feel the same way about you but I didn't think you liked me back so I got a girlfriend to try and get over you but it wasn't working" he explained. You looked up at him in shock and smiled "well now that you know I like you what are you going to do now?" You asked, he smiled at you "I'm breaking up with her" he said and went back into the grill. You followed and went over to Caroline, Damon, and Elena and told them what happened.

Moments later Stefan joined and pulled you aside. "So, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked, you smiled and nodded your head vigorously and replied "yes" jumping into his arms.