mistake -tyler lockwood

You and Tyler have been together for over two years

You and Tyler have been together for over two years. You were so happy up until you found out from your best friend -Caroline Forbes- that he had cheated on you. You didn't believe her at first, you argued that the love of your life could never do that to you, but you were so wrong.

You waited at the Lockwood mansion for Tyler to get home. Caroline had left a couple minutes ago when you had finally stopped crying. You heard the door open and automatically knew it was Tyler. He walked into the living area where you were sitting and went to kiss your forehead but you pulled away. "Babe, is everything ok?" He asked not knowing what was upsetting you. "No Ty, everything is not ok" you said praying you wouldn't start crying again. "What's wrong?" He asked sitting down beside you and went to grab your hand, but you got up. "Did I hurt you?" He asked again when you kept rejecting him. You chuckled "if you call cheating on me hurting me then yes, yes you hurt me" you said. His eyes widened and he got up and walked closer to you, but you took a step back. "Y/n, I never meant-" "don't you dare give me those crappy excuses Tyler! You promised me you would never hurt me and I believed you!" You yelled. Tears started to fall down your cheeks.

"I'm sorry" he whispered looking away from you. He hated seeing you cry. He never meant to hurt you he was drunk out of his mind and to be completely honest he didn't even remember cheating on you until Caroline asked him about it. He never wanted you to find out this way and he was planning on telling you the truth, but Caroline got to you first and he regrets not telling you sooner. "I know you'll never forgive me, but I was going to tell you. I don't even remember cheating on you until Caroline found out and asked me why I did it. I love you more than anything, you're all I have and it was a mistake. I should have never got drunk that night, I should have never gone out with Matt and Jeremy in the first place, but I can't change that now. I swear I'll make it up to you though, if you'll let me." Tyler said finally looking at you. You wanted nothing more than to forgive him but you couldn't, not yet at least.

"I love you Ty, so much but I need time" you replied whipping the tears off your face. "I'll be here when you're ready to talk" Tyler mumbled and watched you walk out. You drove to Caroline's and told her everything while crying on her shoulder. Meanwhile, Caroline was cursing at herself because she wished she kept her mouth shut and let Tyler confess himself.

I love Tyler so much.