L Lawliet X Reader (Death Note)

Sunday, November 8, 2015

btw (d/n) stands for detective name like, L is...L, and Near is N- and yeah.

[Start] unedited.

L stared at the computer screen in frustration. He wanted sweets, and he'd been trapped in his room for days. It was getting out of hand, he needed sweets to properly think through of what may of happened.

His assistant, a certain brunette with green eyes, wouldn't let him. She had been given complete authority of what L did.

Just one sweet? He replied to her denied message to his request for him to get out and get sweets.

No. She replied yet again.

L found himself desperate. He was going to go mad. Please?

His assistant, (D/N), didn't respond.

L found himself wondering where she'd disappeared.

He messaged her again. Where'd you go? Are you getting my sweets?

A few minutes later, he heard the door being unlocked. He looked up, a little hopeful.

The door was pushed open, and (D/N) came in, reading L's recent message.

"No, I'm not getting your sweets." She declared.

"(Y/N)." He said in frustration.

(D/N) gave him a slightly annoyed look. "(D/N). Call me (D/N)." She said, trying to sound strict but a smile creeping it's way up to her face.

She couldn't deny the fact she held an attraction for the black-haired emotionless boy. She found everything about him endearing, from his expressionless face to his love of sweets. She was definitely lucky to end up as his assistant.

"(D/N) and (Y/N), there's no difference when she's your assistant and doesn't get me sweets when I'm trying to solve a very important case." He responded, glaring at her.

(D/N) sighed. "L...I've gotten you sweets for the past week, it's only been two days since I've locked you up here. It isn't the end of the world." She shook her head.

"I want sweets (Y/N). Or I'm not doing this thing." He said, an air of finality in his tone.

"You're going to call me (D/N), or I'm not going to get you anything." (D/N) was being stubborn as well. She just wanted L to say (D/N) for once.

"Fine, (D/N). Get me sweets, would you?" He wanted sweets and if this was the way, he'd do it.

(D/N) grinned triumphantly. "Good boy." A laugh bubbling up inside her.

"Now get me sweets?" Hope laced his tone.

(D/N) gave an evil smirk. "No. You gotta finish the case first." She honestly felt bad about doing this, but L was constantly eating sweets. He could harm himself.

L's mouth dropped in utter shock. (D/N) wasn't one to ever deny him after he'd done something she wanted him to.

(D/N) was a little caught off guard at his utterly shocked expression.She kept her outwardly cool expression. "Yes, L. You can't have any sweets. You need to finish the case. Too many sweets are bad for you."

"(Y/N)." His voice held frustration and borderline anger.

"(D/N)." She reminded him.

"Fine, (D/N). Why do you even want me to call you that anyway?" He asked randomly.

(D/N) didn't respond. "Uh..."

"I'll get you sweets, yeah?" She turned around. "Bye-bye."

(D/N) froze as she heard the chair drag against the floor signalling he was getting up. Uh-oh, she thought, and she quickly attempted to walk out.

(D/N) was unable to go far before she was stopped by L grabbing onto her arm.

"Come on, (Y/N). Tell me. Why do you insist that I call you (D/N)?" He asked, pulling her towards himself.

(D/N) was a blushing mess. And as he pulled her, she lost her balance, and fell backwards against him.

"So, you going to tell me?" He whispered as she stuttered unable to perform any sentences.

"I-It's nothing." She squeaked in embarrassment.

"Oh, really? But your reaction completely screams that there's something up." He told her, determination seeping into his words as he went into detective mode.

(D/N) internally screamed. He's going to find out. He's going to find out. I have to escape! She thought desperately.

"I'll get you sweets!" She told him cheerfully.

L didn't react. "If you want to so bad, you can. After you tell me."

Oh no. What do I do now? (D/N) looked around desperately. Nothing. There was nothing. She didn't have a choice. She had to tell him, or L wouldn't let her go.

Oh my, he won't let me go. (D/N) found herself thinking, as her cheeks went fire hydrant red. My God! She scolded herself. What am I thinking?

"I..." she started as L gave her an expectant look to continue.

"I love you L!" She blurted out, immediately covering her mouth in embarrassment.

She looked away, embarrassed to the max.

L didn't react.

Slowly, (D/N) turned her face to take a peak.

L was standing there with a confused look on his face."I'm sorry, (D/N)..." he said. "But I'm not sure if I feel the same..."

(D/N)'s heart shattered to a million pieces as she felt tears prick the corners of her eyes."O-okay...th - that's o-okay..." her lower lip trembled.

L obviously took notice of (D/N)'s obvious pain, and he felt himself a little hurt as well looking at her broken face.

"But," he continued. "I feel something strange around you. Could it be...that I feel the same way?" He sounded lost and confused.

Hope immediately returned to (D/N).

"How do you feel around me?" She asked, calming herself down.

Woo! A billion points to (D/N) for that smoothly said sentence! She internally screamed.

"I don't know...I just love it when you're around, and when you go, I feel a little sad. And when you're happy, I'm happy, and when you're depressed, I am as well." L tried to explain.

"That's it." (D/N) mumbled. "That's exactly how I feel."

"Does that mean, I love you as well?" He asked.

(D/N) finally looked up, and walked toward him, feeling a little bold. She wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer.

"Maybe," she whispered. "If you say it."

"I love you...(D/N)." he said, although it seemed like he was asking a question.

"That's a start." A smile made it's way to (D/N)'s face. And with that, she pulled him into a kiss.

Extended ending:

"But still," L said as both of them pulled apart. "Why (D/N)? Why not any other letter."

(D/N) groaned internally.

She thought that he'd forgotten about that.

"So?" L prodded.

"It's embarrassing." she mumbled.

"More embarrassing than you spontaneously confessing your love for me?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Because L and (D/N) are close to each other in the alphabet, and I like being close to you." her voice lowered with every word she uttered, and she buried her face in her hands, embarrassed.

L's arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her close to him.

"There's nothing wrong with wanting to be close to me." he whispered in her ear.

Her cheeks were burning a bright red.

"Definitely," she mumbled.