L Lawliet X Reader (Death Note)

Sunday, November 22, 2015

(D/N) stands for Detective Name like how Mello is M, Near is N, and Lawliet is L.

|Start|

L hated how his assistant got along well with Light. She was supposed to be HIS assistant. Helping him, entertaining him, and so on.

(D/N) had convinced him to let her take a day off and hang out with Light. L missed her presence.

He hated Light at the moment. She's supposed to be MINE.

L backtracked at that last thought. Where had that come from? Was he...was he jealous of Light? He shook his head, although a little uncertain.

He glanced at the clock and checked the time. 9 AM. The day had just started and the office was feeling empty without her prodding him to stop asking her for sweets and work.

L stared ahead blankly, wondering what he was going to do. He couldn't concentrate, He considered going and looking for (D/N), but he wanted to give her a break. She was always making sure he was working hard, and whenever the day was over she'd treat him to his favorite sweets at the café. L sighed and went back to work.

A few hours later it was his lunch time. He couldn't help but feel lonely without (D/N) at his side planning what he was going to work on after work.

He headed to the restaurant a few blocks away almost robotically. He sat down, feeling lonely.

He looked around bored as his food was being prepared. His eyes locked on two people, and the sight made his blood boil.

He tried to make sense of what he felt, but couldn't. L was angry, and strangely...jealous.

(D/N) was laughing really hard at something Light had just said. She'd never laughed around him like that. Around him she was always frustrated, and worked up. She was always planning, and it seemed like she wasn't really interested in talking to him.

L couldn't look away. He was getting more jealous than angry. It was a weird feeling, jealousy.

A few more seconds and he couldn't take it, L got up abruptly, nearly knocking over his chair. He stalked up to their table.

"(D/N)," he said trying to contain himself. "I need your help with something that came up, now."

(D/N) looked up in surprise. "Wow, what happened?" She quickly got up from her chair, worried.

"Come on," he grabbed her wrist, pulling her away as she waved apologetically at Light.

"Maybe later!" She called behind her.

(D/N) felt electricity shoot throughout her from where L was touching her. Was it her imagination or did he look a little angry?

He dragged away to his office room, and shut the door behind him.

"What is it?" (D/N) asked a little more than worried.

L didn't respond, and pulled her toward him and trapped her between himself and the wall.

"Tell me," he said, his voice a low tone. "Do you feel anything toward Light?"

(D/N) couldn't form any sentences. He was so close. So close.

Her heart was beating way too much for her own good.

"O-of c-course not." She finally managed out, mentally high-fiving herself for not mumbling anything random.

"I-I like..." she trailed off under his intense gaze, unable to continue.

"You like..." L prodded, resting his forehead against hers.

"You." She whispered.

"Good." L said in satisfaction, and pressed his lips against hers.

"So you feel the same way?" (D/N) asked shyly.

"Of course I do."