Moonligh [Zen Wistaria] (Akagami no Shirayukihime)

Thursday, May 12, 2016

req by emojimojo which she requested like last month. ah...sorry for it being so late, i found it in my drafts a few days ago and i was bored so i went ahead and wrote this.

edit: crying bc i wrote the anime as haikyuu!! rather than akagami no shirayukihime XD

[start]

Zen couldn't fall asleep. His mind was too preoccupied by the crime rates that had arisen around this area under his control. Flipping sides every other second, trying to get into a comfortable position, he gave up on trying to fall asleep. He groaned, pulling himself off the bed, and decided to head down to the beach near the resort in an attempt to clear his mind.

He walked to the beach carefully, trying not to trip over anything. The full moon shone down brightly on the beach, and Zen stopped short before he fully stepped onto the sand.

There she was, her (H/C) hair, flying out behind her as she stared up at the moon, the wind blowing past her, her figure illuminated by the moonlight. Her (E/C) eyes were sparkling as she stared up at the bright moon, before she started walking toward the water, and dived in.

Zen watched her, entranced, panicking when she didn't come out right away. She emerged from the water, breathing heavily as she tried to regain her breath, laughing at the same time.

He couldn't help but notice how when she laughed, it felt like an angelic chime in his ear.

The girl in the water finally noticed that she wasn't alone at the beach, and her cheeks went red as her eyes widened, noticing how he was looking at her. As if, she had used those love potions - the ones that never worked in the cartoons - on him, except it had actually worked.

"Hi, Zen!" She greeted cheerfully, the redness that had crept up on her face being hidden by the dark of the night.

"Come on, the water's great!" She said waving him over.

Zen stared at her as she waved her hands like crazy, a huge grin on her face. He was reminded of their childhood when they would play for hours at the beach whenever he visited this area, which was quite often too.

"Coming!" He told her, pulling off his shirt, placing on a rock, heading toward the water.

She was blushing now as she avoided eye contact with him, looking anywhere but him as he entered the water as well.

To get rid of the seemingly tense silence, she splashed water on him.

"Hey!" He exclaimed as the water splashed all over him.

He splashed water back at her. "If that's how you want to play." He splashed even more water.

She held her arms up in a useless attempt shield herself. "Nooo!" She cried in exaggeration. "You got me!" Taking a large amount of water in her hands when he was a little distracted, she splayed it over him, the water showing down on him.

"Hahah!" She laughed and began to move away from him as he moved forward a menacing look present on his face.

He moved forward, his arms outstretched, while she moved backwards. She hit the sand and started to run away from him. The both of them were laughing as he chased her, and she ran as fast as she could to escape him.

Zen finally caught her, in the process, she lost her footing and went falling down to the ground, pulling him down with her.

"Ahah...I'm sorry, Zen." she apologized as he pulled himself off of her, both of them flustered.

"It's okay." He reassured.

"I missed you." She mumbled quietly.

Zen's face heated up at the sudden confession. "I...I missed you as well." He told her.

She looked up, her eyes sparkled. "Really? You missed boring old (Y/N)?"

"You're not boring," he told her, the both of them were sitting side-by-side on the sand, facing the ocean. "I love being around you."

(Y/N) gave a huge smile, as she felt heat creep up to her face. "I missed you loads too! I already said that..but.."

Zen looked away, a little flustered. "How have things been here?" He asked.

She sighed. "Not really good. The crime rates are crazy, and I nearly got kidnapped the other day. Why would they even want me?" She mumbled the last part quietly.

"I promise, I'll fix this. I came here to do just that." He told her.

She smiled. "Thanks Zen. How has life been in the castle for you?" She asked.

"It's like usual." He shrugged.

"Oh. Want to build a sand castle?" She asked.

"It's too dark to see properly, or else I would have."

"Right," she responded dejected.

"Is there something else we can do?" He asked.

She thought about it. "Not really, let's just talk then. It's been so long since we were able sit peacefully together like this."

"Yeah..." he replied. "(Y/N), could you please..." he started before (Y/N) cut him off.

"Zen, I really want to come to the castle too, but I can't abandon this place, it's my home. Maybe not now, or soon, but I'll come, okay? I'll come." (Y/N) lived alone and ran a business by herself. It wasn't too cheap or expensive, but since she was alone, it war way more than enough. Zen had offered her a home in the castle, or somewhere near him, but she had refused.

"Okay, I'll be waiting." He told her.

They started to talk about random topics until they both started to fall asleep. (Y/N)'s head rested on his shoulder as she drowsily replied to what he said. Both were so tired that they didn't fully digest their position, that they didn't have time to get flustered.

"It's...getting...late..." she yawned, covering her mouth, tears forming at the corner of her eyes from yawning excessively. (A/N: Yo, writing about characters yawning makes me yawn, XD.)

Zen followed her example. Both of them got up, and as (Y/N) got up, she began to regain a bit more of her consciousness realizing her bold gesture and the heat the was creeping up to cheeks slowly woke her up fully.

They both walked out of the beach, and stood, about to see each other off to the opposite direction.

"I had fun talking with you." She smiled.

He nodded. "Me too, I hope we get to do that again."

"Bye..." she said reluctantly.

"Bye." He turned around to leave.

(Y/N) shut her eyes for a few moments as the weight of what she was about to do settled in. Well, being really tired never was a good thing for her. She would act like a drunk; doing things she would never do if she was the normal (Y/N).

"Zen!" She called out before he got too far.

Would she regret this later? Yes. Would she do it anyway? Yes.

He turned around slowly, only to have (Y/N) wrap her arms tightly around his neck. "I had so much fun today, and I missed you so much." She mumbled.

She looked up to see his face close up, her face burning as his eyes stared back into hers.

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. She leaned up and pecked his lips before quickly pulling away. "Bye bye!" She waved and ran away to her house, leaving Zen in a state of shock, surprise, and a small part of him, pleasantly surprised.