Valentine's Day Special [Ciel Phantomhive X Reader] (Black Butler)

February 18, 2016

I wrote this back when I hadn't watch Black Butler, so it's probably OOC.

[Start]

(Y/N) stumbled through the halls, stretching, trying shake off her sleep. She had happened to end up sleeping really late the night before, binge reading an awesome book she had happened to find in the library earlier. She regretted it now, and was worried about what Ciel would say to her.

She sleepily pushed the door open to the kitchen, walking in, half asleep, only to be met by the sight of her master in the kitchen.

"M-Master?" (Y/N) asked, unsure of whether she should be worried or entertained by what she saw.

Ciel whipped around to face the redhead, shooting her a steely look. "Is there a reason you've come down for breakfast so late today?" he demanded.

(Y/N) shrugged. "There's no special reason today, I just happened to oversleep." she responded heading for the fridge.

"Is that really the case?" he didn't seem to buy it.

"Yes, it is. I'd like to ask why you're here in the kitchen. Doesn't Sebastian prepare your meals?" she asked, examining his rather interesting attire which consisted of an apron and a chef's hat. He had flour all over him. "Did something happen between the two to you?"

"No," he replied curtly. "Sebastian is on vacation."

(Y/N) bit her lip to suppress her snicker. "You let Sebastian go on vacation when you can barely wear your clothes without his help?"

A fierce look from Ciel made her cower. "You should not say things like that to my face."

"Yes, master." she bit her lip, still trying to suppress her laughter. So Ciel was going to bake stuff for himself, eh? This should be interesting to witness.

(Y/N) quickly made some toast and coffee for herself and settled down on the kitchen island.

He stared at her. "Why are you eating here?"

"What do you mean?" she asked innocently. "I always eat here."

Ciel ignored her and went back to looking at the cookbook and measuring things for, what seemed like a chocolate cake.

"Erm, Master, I'm sure you aren't supposed to put the egg shells in the batter as well..." she said, trying to make it sound as if she wasn't doubting his skills, of course, that failed.

"I киσω that. I don't need your help, so go away." Ciel said sternly.

(Y/N) shrugged. "If you want, I'll leave after I finish my breakfast."

"You have at least a whole three course meal for breakfast. I don't want you sticking around for that long." Ciel mocked her eating habits.

(Y/N) resisted the urge to roll her eyes. "Whatever you say Master, it isn't going to kick me out for here, this opportunity is too golden to miss."

Ciel went back to working on the cake, pouring the batter into the mixer, and started to mix it.

(Y/N) nearly choked on her toast when the mixer started splaying brown batter all over Ciel. She doubled over in laughter as he struggled to stop it, throwing her glares in between.

"A-Are you... Sure you don't want me.. To help?" she managed through her laughter.

"No, I have told you that I don't need any help from you." Ciel replied once more.

"Well, suit yourself. Don't come running to me when you need it, in won't help you when you do." (Y/N) seated herself back in her chair, snickering.

Ciel managed to control the rabid mixer and finally poured the batter into the pan, setting it into the oven. "There, I didn't need help after all." he boasted.

"We'll see, we'll see. When it bakes, and passes the taste test." (Y/N) smirked.

"It will, and it'll probably be better than anything you've tasted."

"I'm sure it can't top any cake Sebastian has made you." (Y/N) said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Just be quiet." he glared.

For the next hour, they spent bickering and taunting one another. When the timer finally beeped, they heard too late and when Ciel ran to open the oven, the whole cake burst open on him.

(Y/N) first bit her lip to stop her laughter, a smile, a snicker, then she couldn't take it anymore, she fell back and laughed like a maniac at the state her master was in.

Ciel was covered head to toe in melted chocolate, and it was quite a comical sight.