Christmas Special {Levi Ackerman X Reader} (Attack on Titan)

This was a bit weird(?)

[Start]

AU.

The first time (Y/N) laid eyes on the onyx haired, stormy grey eyed male, she knew she had fallen. The first time she'd laid eyes on him was six months back, when he had saved her life from a bunch of rebels. They were after her money, they were after the money her family held, they were after her looks.

Ever since that moment, she had fallen hard for him. There was one thing, one cruel detail she cursed. He was part of the rebels, and she, herself was a princess. Her father hated him and she loved him. The cruelty of reality killed her.

She pulled a hood over her head as she crept through the palace halls, making sure she didn't make any noise. One single little mistake, she would be locked up in her room. The security surrounding her would be increased tenfold. Her every breath would be monitored closely.

(Y/N) successfully sneaked out and made the half hour journey to the forests surrounding the palace. Arriving, she was out of breath but not as exhausted as she had been the first day she'd made the trip. She looked around in attempt to spot the usual light of the lantern he lit every night. She spotted the dim light further ahead and hurried forward, finally arriving to meet the black haired, grey eyed male. His eyes were shining in orange light of the lantern, his hair was in it's usual undercut, and he wore a white shirt with brown trousers, a sword hung on his side. He was standing against the tree, his gaze unfocused as he stared off into the distance.

"H-hello." (Y/N) greeted, trying to keep her voice even. She was tired from the walk as always.

Levi looked up alert, then his gaze locked on (Y/N). His eyes seemed to lighten as if a big burden had been pulled off of his shoulders. "Hey." he gave her one of his rare genuine smiles, which quickly turned to troubled frown. He took in (Y/N)'s exhausted state and walked over to her.

"You're exhausted, today more than usual. Why do you insist on meeting me here every night? You should really care about yourself once in awhile and skip a few nights." Levi said, his hand moving under her chin, lifting her face to face him.

"Tell me, why do you insist on meeting me every night?" he questioned when she didn't reply.

Oh, right. She was way too scared to admit her feelings for him. "You're the first friend I ever had. I would not like it if you left me, so keep our friendship strong I insist that we meet every night." She fibbed, trying to make sure that her reasons were as convincing as possible.

(Y/N) sat down against the tree, not really minding it. She had been doing this for a while now, she had gotten used to it.

Levi looked at her and he couldn't help but feel guilt. She was a princess of the father of the king of a really large kingdom. Just to keep her friendship with a commoner, a rebel - an enemy of royalty - she was willing to exhaust herself and sit on the hard uncomfortable ground. She was an odd person.

"It's almost Christmas," she said excitedly. "Is there something you would like for Christmas? As in a weapon? Money perhaps?" She asked him.

He shook his head, sitting down next to her. "It's okay, I don't want anything."

She turned her head. "I will not take that as an answer, you have to honestly tell me what you would like for Christmas."

"Would you really like to know what I want for Christmas?" he turned his head, facing her a smirk playing at his lips.

She nodded eagerly. "Yes."

"Come closer." He said.

"I am already close as it is, am I not?" she looked at him confused.