L Lawliet X Reader (Death Note)

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

My best friend wanted me to write another L one-shot for her, so I did. I still don't get why she wants me to write her one-shots with L without watching Death Note.

I'd apologize for L being out of character (if he is), but my friend loved it, so I'm not sorry :P

(D/N) stands for Detective Name like how Mello is M, Near is N, and Lawliet is L.

[You May Proceed]

L scribbled away on his notepad, listing endless possibilities. He'd been doing this for the past hour, instead of typing it up on the computer because his assistant had confiscated the power cable of the computer.

He had resorted to using his notebook when the lights suddenly went out.

"Sleep!" a voice echoed throughout the room.

He recognized the voice immediately. It was (D/N), his assistant.

He looked around to find the location of the source of the voice. A flashlight was suddenly flashed in face, temporarily blinding him. Regaining his sight, he saw (D/N), flashlight in her right hand and her left hand on her waist, giving him a threatening look.

He couldn't properly make out her face, but he was sure she was giving him a threatening look anyway.

"There was a reason I took the power cable of your computer, you know. It was for you to go to sleep!" she was coming closer, and L could see her face clearly.

As he thought, she had a threatening look on her face, along with the signature blush she always wore when she was in his presence,

"I was so close, (D/N)! I think if I just stay up the night, I'll manage to figure it out. Just let me stay up today?" he asked. L knew that (D/N) would object to that.

(D/N) would absolutely reject that idea. She wasn't one to agree so easily, or give in.

"You've been saying that for the past two days! There is no way I'm letting you stay up another night. Do I make myself clear?"

If (D/N) was to be honest to herself, she would probably say that she didn't want to object to his wishes, and just give him what he wanted. But she knew that if he did, he wouldn't have the strength and brainpower to fight.

Loads of coffee wouldn't help recover L fully the in the morning. (D/N) was going to be strict, and make sure that L slept tonight. Even if she was going to sit next to him all night and scold him every two seconds. She was going to drill it in his head that he has to go to sleep at night. Work could wait.

(D/N) grabbed onto his arm firmly as L struggled to escape. He managed to succeed, and made some distance between him and (D/N).

"L!" (D/N) said in frustration. "Come on! It's just resting! It's not the end of the world!" She groaned as she walked toward the computer table.

L moved away. "But I'm close to figuring it out. Just this night?"

(D/N)'s mind suddenly lit up with an ingenious plan that would surely make him agree to resting. "Fine," she turned around. "You can stay here in this room, but if you do, I'm keeping you locked up without sweets for a whole week!" she announced, walking toward the door.

L stared at the back of her head. "Okay, okay. I'll rest!" he said defeated. (D/N) turned around grinning victoriously.

L stared at her grinning face and felt something odd in his chest, but instantly dismissed the feeling.