Promise [Sugawara X Reader] (Haikyuu!!)

Monday, April 11, 2016

When I get one shot ideas after watching Your Lie in April ;))

Turn on the music because I listened to it when I wrote this.

If you didn't cry while reading this, you have no heart because I cried while writing this (jk), and I never cry while reading or writing. 'Nuff said. (Or maybe it was because I was writing some of it during 1 AM in the morning...)

This is comprised of flashbacks, all the italics are in the past. Sorry, if this puts you sleep, I have writer's block.

[START] {I guess this is where I hand you a box of tissues?}

The cell phone from his hand dropped as the news was broken to him. He got up, shakily, only to have his legs give out under him. Falling to the ground, he stared at the walls blankly, unable to comprehend the news.

A (H/C) haired girl walked into the volleyball gym, she wore the Karasuno girls uniform, and her arms were crossed.

It didn't take long for everyone's attention to be averted to her.

"Aren't you (Y/N) from (school name)? You were part of the most famous girls volleyball team in middle school." she didn't recognize the boy who seemed to be in his third year.

"Yes, I am (Y/N), and I am here to be your manager." she announced.

"Our manager? But couldn't you be in a volleyball team right now?"

She flashed him an irritated look. "I do as I please. It doesn't concern you whether I could be part of a volleyball team as a regular, or if I chose to become a manager of the boys volleyball club."

The boy looked away at the look she was giving him.

"Well, we can start by sharing our names and what year we're in. I'll be working with you all this whole year, and you all don't want ridiculous nicknames. I'm (Y/N), and I'm in my first year."

Had it already been so long since then?

//

It had been two weeks with (Y/N) as their manager, and everyone had warmed up to her quickly. She turned out to be nicer than their first impression of her, but when someone pressed her buttons, she didn't hesitate to knock out whoever it was hitting on her.

Another girl from first year, Kiyoko had joined up as manager, and it really helped (Y/N), now she had help taking care of the rowdy teen boys when the coach wasn't around.

It was after practice, everyone was cleaning up, and (Y/N) was still hanging around.

"Is there something you need?" After a bit contemplation, Sugawara walked up to her and asked.

"Well," she looked at the ground. "If anyone wanted to practice a little more, I have nothing to do today, so I can help out...I remember you asked that you'd like me to throw you balls a few days back. I was busy then, but I'm free now."

"Oh, you can? Thanks. I want to practice receiving, so if you can serve..."

She nodded. "Okay, sure."

After everyone had gone, they started to practice.

Somehow, it became a routine. Everyday, after practice, when everyone had left, she'd help him out, serving, or becoming a spiker, helping him practice being a setter.