Mello X Reader (Death Note)

Mello had always wondered what it was with (Y/N)'s cheeks always seemingly on fire.

It was always around him, he'd noticed. He had a guess, but he always felt that guess was too far-fetched.

He cut their in-depth discussion about Kira when he couldn't hold his curiosity in any longer.

"Why are you always blushing?" he blurted.

If possible, the dark blush adorned on her face seemed to get darker.

"Cold," she fidgeted.

He gave her an unimpressed look. "You really need to learn how to lie better. It's completely normal temperature."

"I-I'm hot...because I'm wearing too many layers." she said unconvincingly.

Mello rolled his eyes and smirked. "So you admit that you're hot?" enjoying the surprised and uncomfortable look that passed over (Y/N)'s features.

"Uh..." she said, dumbfounded, unable to form any sentences.

Mello got up from his chair and got up, and walked over to (Y/N) who sat at the other side of the table, her chair leaning against the wall.

He placed his hands on either side of the wall beside her, caging her.

"Tell me, (Y/N). What is the real reason why you always blush around me?" he whispered in her ear, sending her heart into somersaults.

Her eyes were wide as she obsessed over the distance between the two of them.

"B-because..." she trailed off, unable to bring herself to admit it.

"Because...?" he prodded.

"Because you're a jerk!" she blurted.

He gave her a slightly confused look. "What do you mean?"

"You annoy me to no end! And...and for some reason I've fallen in love with you!" she confessed.

"It's funny," he placed his forehead against hers. "I always hated you because you were such an innocent and nice person, but somehow, I found myself in love with you after getting to know you."

(Y/N) breath hitched.

And Mello pressed his lips against hers.