Distance [Tsukishima Kei X Reader] (Haikyuu!!)

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Authors go, "my writing sucks. i have horrible writing skills." I go, "bruh. have you read mine?"

Be sure to leave a comment of what you though of this :)

[Start]

As he stared out of the window, he realized bitterly. So this was the reason? All those time together, did they mean nothing to her at all? All those times spent together were all in the past, weren't they?

--

The (H/C) haired girl really needed to stop being so lazy. Procrastination was her biggest talent- one that was basically ruining her life, but her being (Y/N), she didn't care in the slightest bit. It had been one week since she started her school year in Karasuno, in the first week on February.

Everyone knew her as the transfer student who barely knew Japanese. Of course, she wasn't totally clueless about the language. She knew a few words here and there, thanks to watching the Japanese subbed version of animes. That didn't mean she knew how to speak it fluently.

Thanks to her inability to understand or speak the language, she would be all alone during lunch break. She would wander the halls as everyone around her conversed what seemed like gibberish to her.

After managing to survive her math class, piecing together what made sense to her, she managed to, miraculously understand the lesson. It was her lunch break, and she was wandering around, trying to look for a vending machine, not exactly paying attention to where she was going, she bumped into someone, someone, hard.

(Y/N) nearly fell backward, stabling herself by grabbing onto the ledge of the window next to her. "Ouch!" she rubbed her forehead. "Watch where you're going!" she exclaimed.

She looked ahead, only to find herself facing the person's chest. She looked up, at the face of the blonde with glasses who was now saying something in Japanese.

She tilted her head. "I don't know if you know this or not, but I'm the transfer student who can't speak or understand Japanese at all."

"You're the one everyone has been talking about?" he asked, with surprisingly perfect English.

She raised an eyebrow. "People have been talking about me? Well not that I would know. Anyway, do you know where I can find a vending machine?"

"There's one by the front door of the school, how could you miss it?" The tone of his voice annoyed (Y/N), but she didn't reveal any hint of that.

She smiled sweetly. "Are you trying to suggest that I may as well be blind?"

"And if I am?"

She chuckled, resisting the urge to reach up and pat his head out of habit, which she would've, if he weren't so damn tall. "That's okay. I'm not the one with the glasses." With that she walked off, leaving the blonde annoyed and a bit surprised.

//

"I can't believe this." the (H/C)-haired girl said in frustration. "I have to be stuck with you?"

"I'm not any less excited about this either." he responded dryly.

He had been assigned to tutor her in Japanese during their lunch break since he was the only one the teacher had at her disposal.

Least to say, it wasn't working very well. Both of their personalities clashed, impossible for them to get along.

"You're horrible at this." he stated as she tried, and failed to pronounce a Japanese word.