Chapter 8: No, I don't ...

"You know someone means a lot to you when their mood can easily affect yours ..." - Unknown

Please don't forget to Vote ... 

Comment ... 

Follow me and Share it too ...

..............................................

Nicolai Petropoulis' POV (Unedited)

The music were so loud and a lot of the guest were heading to the dance floor while Elle and I was walking back to our table. The fast rhythm of the song made everyone sway their body, while enjoying their drinks.

"I Lo--- you ..." A muffled words came out of her mouth that made me stop on my tracks and I stood in front of her. I didn't pick it up clear enough, but I think she meant she love me, or I just misheard it. The music was really loud that it's hard to pick up anything she was trying to say.

"What?" I asked with my eyebrows furrowing in curiosity.

She looks startled and at the same time confused.

Facing her a bit closer so she can hear me clearly. "Did you say you love me?" I asked bluntly. I was hoping she would say yes, but then I realized that would only complicate the situation.

Why does my heart beats so fast? I shouldn't feel this way. Heck, I'm arranged to her sister.

Her eyes became wary. " No, really I don't." She shook her head, laughing hysterically. Her tone is sharp and I thought I must have misunderstood it. I just nodded my head. "At least, not yet." She added on which made me feel somewhat disappointed.

I just stared at her eyes and she smiled meekly. 

I couldn't hide my disappointment, so I walk ahead of her back to our table. I could feel her following me, and then I felt the chair being pulled and then she sat down.

Luke and Lucky are back in the table still talking about girls now.

Just as Elle sat, Lucky averted his attention to Elle giving her a wide flirtatious smile as he stood up. He walk to her side and bow lightly. "Getting the dance you promised, babe." He gave her a lopsided grin as he extend his one hand for her.

I found myself grabbing my beer and chugged it down until it's empty, while watching them. Elle gave me a brief glance and stood up accepting Lucky's hand that was extended for her and help her up, leading her to the dance floor.

I just realized that my grip with the beer bottle is like a vice, almost breaking it into pieces. I stood up and decided to hang out at the bar while scanning my eyes to find Xandrous, but he's nowhere.

Where the hell is he?

I saw Raffy and I'm glad he's not with my sister. I could hang out with him for a while. I feel like drinking till I drop tonight. I'm starting to get bored.

"Hey," I pat Raffy's shoulder lightly and he looks up at me putting his phone in his pocket then smiled. 

"Bored?" He picks up his beer and tentatively made a sip. 

"Whiskey," I told the bartender and sat on the stool next to Raffy. 

"So how are you and sister doing?" I asked just to make a conversation. I don't really mean to pry. I know he's a nice guy.

He looks at me and gave me a tight smile. "Still keeping up with her tantrums." He just shrugs his shoulders and I chuckled. I know my sister is acting not her age. Sometimes mom and dad was always complaining when she's acting like a baby most of the time.