Chapter 2 : I Did Not ! He Did !

AJ Lee's POV :
( Not edited )

"So your gonna go ?" Nikki whispered. Currently we are in Mr.Martin's class and he's teaching something which I clearly don't see to understand and that piece of paper keeps bugging me.

"Yeah i guess so. I mean I have no choice and I do not want to look like some loser who doesn't show up." I sighed.
"It's not even Friday, how are you planning on getting permission?" She asked scribbling down some notes.
"I'm gonna ask dad and tell him to convince my mom" I said keeping my head in the table.
"Oh that's good" she said smiling.
"Hmmmm yeah"

After school we met up in the parking lot to plan out the schedule for tonight.
"Let's meet up at 7:30 ?" Blake suggested.
"Your going with Hunter?" Emily asked biting her nails.
"Yeah but Ashton will come with you 3" Blake said smirking.

Ashton has a thing for Emily but Emily is too much of a tube light to figure it out.
"Okay" Emily chirped.
"Right lets me at my place then girls" I bid goodbyes and sped off.

"I home !" I screamed. Usually my mom gets home from work at this time she my dad can't really do any of the house work until he recovers.
"In here sweetie !" She shouted back.
"Mom where's dad ?" I asked getting an apple.
"In the room" she said smiling.
"I'll be right back" I walked to dads room and knocked on the door.

"Come in" he said in a sleepy voice.
"Hey dad! Sorry if I woke you up" I said smiling sheepishly.
"Haha no no I was already awake. What is that you need ? Convince mom ?" He asked me grinning.
"Yes ! Daddy please !!" I pouted.
"Anything for my princess, who are you racing against?" He asked me sitting straight. My dad knows me too well.

"Hunter Christan" my dad gasped. Hunter's dad and my dad were good friends and in fact great racers. So it was obvious that my dad would know how good Hunter is. I mean it runs in his blood for sure.

"Him ? You sure honey ?" He asked concerned.
"Yeah dad ! In fact I won against him last Friday for 4 grand" I said smiling wide and my dad did the same.
"I'm proud of you! I wish I could see you race sweetie but with this leg I can't do anything" he said sighing.
"Dad you'll get to see me race, and please convince mom. He wanted to race again tonight for 5 grand and if I don't go tonight he'll think I'm some loser" I finished when I mom entered.

"Like I said anything for you" he kissed the top of my head and my mom sat down.
"What is that you both are talking about?" My asked.
"Mom dad wanted to tell you something ! Byeee " I immediately left the room and I could hear my dad chucking.

I went up to my room and plugged my phone into the charger since it died minutes ago. I need to get a new phone and this isn't cooperating with me anymore.

~~~~****~~~~

"Your gonna be late !!!" Emily screamed.
"Hold your horses woman ! It's only 7 my race is gonna be at 8 we have one hour more for your information" I said rolling my eyes. Emily has this thing where she starts yelling at others when we don't work on time. Talk about punctuality!
"Fine" she groaned and sat down.

"Ashton is late" Nikki said looking away from her phone.
"When is he ever early again Nikki?" I asked with a eyebrow raised.
"How did you get permission again ?" Emily asked.
"My dad did that for me" I announced smiling.
"Lucky you I had to do all my homework before I left" Nikki growled.
"I love your parents !" Me and Emily said in unison.

Nikki is more of a wild child and she hates homework. Plus she loves detention so I guess it's literally her !

"Pfft " Nikki poked her tongue out and a car honked outside. Finally he's here.
"Right on time ladies !" He said smiling.
"It's 7:30 !" Emily sent him a deathly glare.
"So the race is at 8 right ?" He asked her.
"Yeah but we have to be there early !" She said poking him.
"Sorry princess punctuality. Next time I'll be there on time" Ashton blushed hard and Emily smiled wide. Aww so cute !! Too bad Emily I can't see what's right in front of her.

"Break it up love birds let's leave !" I said grabbing my coat.
"We are not love birds !" Emily crossed her hands over her chest causing Ashton to smile.
"Alright married couple then!" Nikki said it out loud and closed the door.

Me and Nikki took rookie and Emily was left with Ashton's also just to make sure Emily gets some kind of a hint.

When we got there Blake walked up to us with one of the guys who was with Hunter that day in school.
"Hey guys !" Blake waved.
"Hey !" We said in unison.
"Oh this is Ken. One of Hunters friends" Blake introduced. All of us exchanged hugs with him.

"Shall we ?" David asked walking up to me.
"Of course" I said smiling.
"He's already there" Ken said.
"Okay !! I'll go talk to him" I got into my car and raced to the starting line.

"So you came ?" Hunter asked me getting down from his car and waking over to mine.
"Yes ! What made you think I won't come ?" I said frowning.
"I don't know !" He said shrugging his shoulders.
"The race is about to start get to your car !" I frowned and closed my shutter.

After about 2 minutes Hunter climbed into the passenger seat of my car.
"What the ---"
"I'm not in a mood to race" Hunter said yawning.
"Well too bad ! A deal is deal now goo" I pushed him but he didn't move a muscle. Strong man !
"Oops ! I'm not racing tonight see you on another babes" he winked and left just like that even before I could comment.

Huh ? What does he think of himself as ? Some King !! I'm so mad right now I can feel fume coming out of me ears. Flipping asshole ! 

"Your shitty Client is a fake excuse making asshole who is scared of me ! He made a deal to race tonight and how dare he back down just like that?" I spat at Steve who was laughing hysterically.
"I'm sorry could you repeat" he said between his laughs.
"It's not funny!" I shouted.

"Whoa whoa girl what's with all the shouting?" Ken asked me with the guy who was there in school that day.
"Mind your own business for once !" I snapped.
"Nice one Ms.Feisty" the guy winked.
"Shut up Mike!" Ken growled. Ah Mike it is.

"Where is Hunter ?" David asked.
"Well he's too much of a girl who's scared of getting his ass whipped for the second damn time" I added.
"Damn what's got your knickers on a twist ?" David asked putting his hands up on surrender.
"I'm here to race alright not bullshit around. Either the race is on it its off? What's your call Dave?" I asked him with my hands crossed over my chest.
"I guess it's off" he said noting something down.

"Such a waste of time!" I muttered and went back to where everyone else was.

"Aj !! How can do this ??" Nikki asked in a shocked manner.
"Do what ??" I said looking at everyone and Hunter was there too with a stupid smirk. I have the urge of slapping him right now but on second thoughts I won't.
"Cancel the race obviously!" Emily said.
"I had to do my homework because of the race !" Nikki screamed.
"And I had a fight with my mom just to come today !" Emily said sighing.

"AH I DID NOT ! It WAS HIM!" I pointed towards Hunter and groaned.
"Well that wasn't his story" Ashton looked at me and spoke.
"You did not !!" I walked over to Hunter and poked him.
"Not what ?" He said sipping his beer.
"Don't blame him Aj" Blake scoffed.
"Fine ! Believe him it's not like I care anyways !" I stomped off to my car and took off.

What's with people nowadays. They trust some jerk who appears after 3 years and not the one they knew from freshman year!

~~~~****~~~~

"I'm home" I was exhausted and annoyed when I came home.
"How did It go ?" Dad asked me and my mom smiled.
"He backed out at the last minute and put the blame on me" I took out a water bottle and headed upstairs.
"Where are the others?" Mom asked.
"Probably still in rosewood" I shrugged.
"But why ?" She asked again.
"Mom I'm tired and I'm not in a mood to talk. Goodnight" I forced a smile and walked to my room. I had 24 missed calls, 63 messages and 8 voicemails. All from Nikki Emily Blake and Ashton. I ignored all of them and switched off the phone.

Hey there 👋🏻 here's the update just the way I promised you all 💁🏻 hope you enjoyed and don't be shy to comment about the chapter 🙊 Also read my other book which is called The Love Touch. It's not entirely similar to this story line but it is interesting just the way this is 😇 the next update is on Sunday 🙆🏻 keep reading take care ☺️ love you all 💕
-Ona xoxoxo 💙