Chapter 24 : Family race night.

AJ's POV :

"Gosh it feels good to be back !" Dad exclaimed.
"It all feels so right." Mom said.
I couldn't stop laughing. The fact that my once dreamed 'family' is perfect now. I thought my life's been a lie after Regina left but then Hunter walked in and made it amazing and then mom came in. Happiness levels cannot be explained.
It was a Friday night which means race night. I wasn't sure whether I wanted to come tonight even but Hunter dragged me here anyway. I don't know how dad would react if he saw Derek here. Jeez !

"Look who it is ?" Dave came literally shouting at the top of his lungs.
"Jesus Dave you gotta be silent." My dad hushed him.
"Too late !" I could see the excitement glistening in his eyes In Fact I could see it in everyone else's eyes too, when my dad was at the center of the attention. He quickly pulled him into a hug.

"Hold the eff up !" An unknown voice screamed from within the crowds.
There was a loud chatter where everyone was trying to figure out who it was.
"That's Buchanon." My dad said with his jaw literally hanging so low.
"Who's Buchanon?" I whispered to mom and she smiled.
"He is your dad's long lost enemy, who he lost to in the death race."

OH WELL SHIT.

"Buchanon?" Hunter whispered to me.
"Yeah the guy who my dad--" I began but as usual men !
"I know who he is butterfly but why is he here now. This ain't gonna end well I'm telling you." Hunter said sounding worried. Such a cutie.

"Oh wow. So many surprises in one night ? When did she come back Big dawg ?" Buchanon Guy spoke in a mocking tone pointing towards mom.
"Why are you here ?" My dad asked curling his hands.
"Oh you know, to embarrass you again." Buchanon laughed.

"Oh Henry this is my son, Riley Buchanon." He said.
The moment he said that name Hunter froze.
"What Bub ?" I whispered.
"He's a bitch. I can't stand Riley." He muttered and looked at my dad's face. They both nodded.

THIS MEANS WAR. BUSTED.

"Hold your guns right there men ! This is very interesting you know ? Two of the greatest legends along with there greatest children. Wow can this night get any better !" Dave shouted  

Whatever he is planing on doing does not sound good whatsoever.

"Don't even think about it Hunter !" I exclaimed.
"Butterfly I am not going to sit on my ass and watch that asswipe bitch around." Hunter said looking very annoyed by Riley's return.

Just then he was making his way towards us. Why can't men ignore each other ! Damn it. This is going to create a scene and going to be worse than old men fighting. Yikes !

Eventually regretting coming for race night.

"Hi beautiful." Riley winked and kissed my hand forcefully.
"Back off now." Hunter said looking dead in the eye.
"O calm down mate. Was just pleasing the lady. Is she yours ? " Riley is a bitch just like his dad. Such mockers.
"You don't get to touch what's mine. So back off and we'll solve this during the race." Hunter pulled me by my hand and walked me to a corner.

"You ain't going nowhere near him and if he touches you I swear it won't be good. So stay out of his reach." He said in a very stern voice.
"Jeez ! I will. Stop worrying so much babe." I gave him a quick kiss to soothe him out.

So like I expected Dave did the usual & put the enemies in line. Buchanon vs Henry and Riley vs Hunter and both of them are in a freaking DEATH RACE.

My body was literally shaking. I didn't like what was going to happen. My mom didn't either I could see it in her face. It's called the 'Death Race' for a reason ! Like hello are you dumb ? But obviously both my dad and boyfriend would never say no to it. Too much big of a pride. Goddamnit. I don't want to watch this.

"Do I get my good luck kiss  ?" Hunter creeped up on me.
"I don't know. Are you ?" I smirked.
"Well, that means I'm gonna get it forcefully eh ?"
"No you are not." I frowned this time.
"Watch me."

And course he did. I mean how can I not kiss that handsome face. Smooch mooch. Okay soz. Anyways he was up first and it was as real as I could get.

Riley blew me a kiss from inside his car winking. Whatta dick. I saw how Hunter saw and clenched his fists and grabbed on tightly to the steering wheel.

"Mama I'm scared." I whispered to mom.
"This was a bad idea. I don't know what to feel." Mom sighed. I only feel her pain because she saw it once. I don't want to. GOD FORBID it happens I'd die.

I could see so many people chatting about what's bout to go down. I could see many people pulling out their phones ready to make this go live and wild. My eyes were locked with Hunter's. My heart was beating so fast. He made a kiss face and mouthed 'don't worry butterfly'. Too bad I already am. The feeling of losing him killed me. It was a death race. Every person knows that the route is made to kill. Last man standing ! I didn't want that. But I also wanted to support him because he was doing it to save his pride and to make me proud. I love this man too much to let go out of my sight right now. Not knowing who's gonna pull up kills. So much of anxiety right now. I can't fathom this feeling. Somebody help me ! JEEEEEEEZ !

Alright I'm sorry. I'm overreacting, as usual. But tell me you relate ? Huh I know you do y'all I know you do.

Dave pumped his siren so loud I'm jumped ! And they took off and my heart left my body. I could see people going crazy. The tires screeching, dust taking over the air and the loud noise of the engine roaring.