Chapter 20 : Death Race. (Literally)

AJ's POV :

Trying to bounce back from the incident that took place was hard. But I need to concentrate on the race tonight. It's the death race. The second time in a long time where the death race is happening. Where the most toughest track is given with 5 challengers to win $100,000. It was a huge deal. This is my first and I'm going up against Derek, Morgan, Alicia and Owen. The best racers and also the former legends kids. Wining this would mean I get to rewrite the legacy of my dads. He was a 2 time winner of the death race and the third things went south. But I really prove myself now that everyone has seen and know that I am back.

"Nope." Dad said.
"C'mon Dad ! I really wanted this ever since I was 4. I'm old enough now and I will be careful. Please let me do this race. Hunter will be there too. Please daddy." I begged him for the millions time probably.
"I don't want anything happening to you princess. I don't wanna end up losing you too." He said looking down at the newspaper.
"I'm your daughter I have this in my blood and you know I can do it." I tried my best of convince.
"Okay but I want you home with no scratch, and this will be your one and only death race ever to be driven. Clear ?" He said sternly voice.
"I promise dad." I said smiling and left to the track.

Derek's POV :

"So I won the race with Li and got the money and paid it off." I told Cory.
"You sure they'll leave you alone now ?" He asked.
"Really can't say but so fucking glad that I am done with. It was them who fucking ruined me." I kept swearing to myself.
"You have to let go of it Derek." He mumbled.
"LET GO ? ARE YOU OUTTA YOUR MIND CORY ! THEY MADE ME RAPE THAT INNOCENT GIRL FOR ABSOLUTELY NO FUCKING REASON AND TURNED ME INTO A MONSTER ! I can't fucking let go of that and I still can't stop playing with her. FML" I sat down with my hands on my head.

"See ? They made you that and that doesn't mean you need to continue. You can still go back to your old ways Der. I do want my big brother back." He whispered and walked away.

Those words hit. I can change ? How ? I don't know but all I know is, today is death race and I sure as hell hope I can keep my hands to myself and win the damn thing.

AJ's POV :

"Do you really want to do this ?" Nikki asked staring at me.
"Chill I got this. I'm not learning this stuff now. " I said calmly.
"I won't see you even only through checkpoint damn it. Just don't die." She left.
I get that she's scared but hey not a kid anymore.
David and Steve came over to go over the final stuff. I saw Ken, Blake, Ashton, Emily, Nikki and Mike standing over quite closer to  the line. The other 4 racers bought their cars over. This is giving me goosebumps. Hunter climbed onto the passenger seat and smirked.

"What are you smirking at ?" I asked.
"I just remembered our first race." He laughed.
"Ah yes the one you got your ass handed." I smirked this time.
"Only because I let you." He mumbled.
"Shut up I won good." I shot back.
"Chill butterfly. Just know this won't be easier it's 4 amazing racers."
"Thank you, now I more scared." I sighed.

A girl wearing close to nothing comes up with a red flag and holds it up. Everyone starts there car and starts racing so that smoke is filled. Finally the flag is down and everyone speeds off. As usual I let the others do their rounds of joy and take up front in the final 10 ft. Finally I take the lead and I can see Derek's car behind mine. It was a super narrow road with so many twists and turns. Over taking another car seemed impossible unless it's during a turn. He tries to pass me but I shift my speed and races on the middle on the road. Suddenly I see his car coming straight at mine from the back and The next thing I know is I am losing control.