Chapter 9 : Sick Card

Aj's POV :

"Your home ? Why ?" Dad asked as soon as I entered the house.
"I have a terrible headache and I couldn't hold it so I came home." I dropped my bag and kicked off my shoes.

"Let's go to the doctor or wait I'll ..-"
"Dad I'll be fine. sleep will do good." I smiled reassuring him.
"If you say so." He smiled faintly and went up to my room.

As soon as i fell onto my bed the sleep consumed me.

"Dinner's ready honey come down." dad woke me up and said so.
"I'll be down in 10" I scratched my eye and stood up. Combing my hair and fixing me shirt I went downstairs.

Apparently I was out for about 4 hours. It actually feels a lot better. I switched back on my phone and text messages and voice mails started bombarding my phone. I couldn't be bothered to check them so I just stuck in my pj pocket.

"I ordered Chinese for you." Dad smiled.
"Aw dad thank you. Can we like start already?" I asked him laughing.
"Sure sure." We both dug in to the best food.

"I'm so stuffed." I moaned.
"You don't say." He agreed.
"I'll do the dishes dad you can go and take some rest." I said collecting all the dishes.
"Thanks daughti."
I know he calls me daughti. He likes the word too much most of the people in my family ended up calling me that.

After doing the dishes I read the messages and voicemails. It was from the normal people asking me if I was okay , dead or alive. I replied to all of them and started watching a movie. Someone rang the doorbell and I went to get it.

"Aj we have to go." Nikki said panting.
"Where why now ?" I asked.
"Tell you on the way. I'll give you five minutes to get dressed no go go go go." She rushed. I quickly put some jeans and a crop top, dragged my converse and raced out.

I got onto Nikki's car and put on my shoes and sent dad a text saying I had to leave in a hurry.
I plugged my phone in since it died the next moment I sent the text.

"What's the deal Nikki this better be good." I said still panting from all that happened.

"Hunter and Derek had a deal. Well Derek forced Hunter into the deal. They're gonna do a death race tonight and whoever who wins get to beat up the loser." She said sighing.
"WTF ? Really ? Why death race. No no omg no." I screamed.
"Chill." Nikki said stepping on the accelerator.

"How can I my dad got injured after a friggin' death race. And no one has ever raced in that track ever since damnit." I was so mad that I could feel my hands shaking.
"I so badly wants Hunter to win like badly." I said and Nikki laughed.
"Dude it's obvious that he's gonna win." She said with a duh tone.

"But it's both of the first time doing a death race." That fact scared me. It was a 50 50 of who could win it.
"Let's just pray for Hunter to win." Nikki said.
"Is Emily and the rest meeting us there ?" I asked.
"Yes their already there." Nikki said coming to a halt.

I saw so many cars out there. People were cheering and it was full on. Seeing that road made my hairs stand up. My dad was injured here. It was a horrible experience. Ever since I never came here. I saw Hunter near his car and Derek was smoking.

"You ready?" Ashton asked.
"Hell no. Never been more scared of anything. This road is a killer." I said.
"Their pros and none of them would die easy." He said shrugging his shoulders.

"Trust me both of them are shit scared who act like pros. Who'll not be scared of a friggin' death race." Emily said.
"Preach it girl." I said nodding heading. Someone agrees with me.

Dave went over to the two of them and said something. Maybe the rules. Oh lord. Can the day get better ? Oh yes it can.

"It's happening it's happening." Ashton said.
"Let's go over." Nikki said and well went over.

"I'll be right there. Give me a minute." I walked over to Derek who was standing next Hunter scowling at each other.
"I hope you loose and get beaten up so bad Derek. You're not meant to live." I spat at Derek. And I turned towards Hunter "Good luck Hunter." This passed Derek off so bad. *does the evil laugh*.

Dave shouted through the loud speaker.
"Welcome racers. This is it. A death race between the best of the best. Hunter and Derek. Good luck. May the best win. Buckle up your seatbelts." He said.

"And 3 2 1 go" and that was it. For 15 minutes we wouldn't know what exactly was happening except for the checkpoint comments. Oh god.