Chapter 22 : Celebrations.

AJ's POV :

"So yeah Hunter's birthday is coming up and I wanna throw him a small surprise. Not huge but something nice." I said. Around sat Ashton, Blake, Ken, Mike, Nikki, Emily and few of his friends Alicia, Alex and Jeremy.

"How about the lake house AJ ?" Nikki asked.
"Ooooooo yes ! That place is perfect for parties." Emily said and people nodded.
Nikki's cousins lake house was pretty popular among us. That place was perfection for anything and her cousins are super cool to lend it at any moment.

"I gonna like quickly put you guys in charge of stuff and let's get to work already because it's tomorrow." I said smiling.
"You're on punctual mate." Ken hissed. Obviously it's hard to pull this off in basically 24 hours even its for a crowd of 20.
After handing people the work I got straight to mine. I had to go gift shopping even though I had simply no clue as to what to get him. SMH.
Walking through stores I found absolutely nothing. I mean he's rich and has anything he wished for but then I came across this fancy watch. Seemed like a decent gift for my boyfriend and added a perfume with two polo t-shirts. Gift done. Hopefully he likes it.

After running birthday errands I got home, had a wash and plopped down on the bed and called Hunter.
"Hey butterfly" he murmured almost sounding sleepy.
"Hey ! How's you ?" I asked.
"I'm good. How are you ?" And the conversation went on till I fell asleep.

Got up next morning to the sound of my dad vacuuming the place. Need to get a damn new one with no noise.
Pulled myself off bed and got ready to go to check on the house. Wanted it to be more of a laid back family party.
With the help of others turned into warm yet down to the party arena and told Ashton to bring Hunter 7:30. Fingers crossed for it to work.

Everyone gathered at the cottage and was patiently waiting for Hunter to arrive. Moment was surreal. I heard Ashton pulling up near the door. Everyone was quiet and I could hear my heart literally beating so fast and loud. Why even? The door knob turned and Hunter came in.

Everyone screamed happy birthday I could see him blushing so hard. Cute as ever. Never seen him so happy, this instance relief and happiness felt nice. He hugged me as soon as he came in and saw me. The party was like a normal family gathering which everyone seemed to be enjoying. Hunter's brother was blending in just fine too.

"Hey" Hunter's spoke.
"Hi" I smiled more like blush.
"Can't thank you enough love, this was totally uncalled for and unnecessary too." He said looking at the house and staring back at the lake.
"Nope, it was necessary. You deserve this." Gave him a kiss on the cheek and left.

As I was going inside I saw Dad rushing out. Seemed to be in a hurry for something.

"Dad" I called out loud. He still kept walking.
"Dad !" I sprinted towards him.
"She she she-" he was stammering.
"What's wrong ? Who ?" I asked looking around seeing absolutely no one.
"I saw her." He said again barely getting words out.
"Who dad who ?" I asked getting frustrated.
"My wife."