Chapter 18 : About damn time.

Precap ;
Hunter saves AJ from Derek as he tries to mess with her again and takes her home.

AJ's POV :

"Date me ?" Hunter asked over the phone.
"WTF !" I literally screamed. Soz phone.
For some odd reason I wanted it to be true and also didn't want it to be. Weird feelings here we go mate.
"AHAHAHA, jeez relax I'm just messing with you." He said it in between laughs.
Ouch. Kinda hurt. But eh really can't be bothered with.

"Hunter I gotta go, daddy is home." I hurriedly tried to end the call due to the silence and awkwardness.
"Sure. Take care butterfly."
Always with the butterfly SMH.

The thought of Hunter asking me to date him wouldn't fade away and kept me occupied thinking throughout. Why would he even pop this question like why ? Even though he went all Superman last night and saved me life this question seemed irrelevant. Dad interrupted me thoughts by coming inside my room.

"Hunter kid told me what happened last night." Dad began. Oh shit. Here comes the lectures.
"Dad I was-" cut off yes.
"No don't ! I don't want you going to those races or any where else ! This shit is absurd I won't let you lose yourself all over again." With that he left.
"Sigh"

It was hard for my dad to deal with at first and I wouldn't blame him. He was helpless and maybe he doesn't want to feel that again. Ever since 'step mom' left it was hard for my dad to deal with anything. I'd see him going through piles of pictures of god knows who. Dad not being the emotional one it really breaks my heart to see him this way. And right now I'm the one who is helpless in here.

Wanted to get out and clear my head. Called Nikki over to go for a movie and she agreed !
It was pretty chilly outside so I put on a leather jacket and left.

"Wassup !" Nikki giggled.
"Why are you acting weird ?"
"This me normal ! You should know." She drove.
"Yeah okay whatever." Girl moods can't blame.

"Oh by the way after the movie I need to go over to my cousins at the lake. Could we drop by for like 10 ?" She asked keeping a straight face. See weird again. From excited Af to no emotion at all.
"Ah yeah sure I've got nothing anyways."
"Okay yay!" She smiled.

Movie was alright. Lunch was amazing as ever. Such needed time with mains. Driving to the lake Nikki was super weird. She kept smiling and winking and god what not. This woman I'd never understand. Finally arrived and her cousins were not to be seen.

"Where the cousins at ?" I asked because I saw absolutely no people out here.
"Go check out at the back AJ, I'll just go grab my back and be right back." She said pointing towards the edge of the lake at the back of cottage.

Walking towards the back of the house there he was Hunter standing there with a bouquet of white roses smiling wide, which is a rare view. This why Nikki was acting weird because they were all in on this. FML. Awkward level so high right now.
There were candles and lights all over.
"Hunter what is this ? " I asked standing from afar.
"It is what you see." He said walking closer to me.
"Will you be my girlfriend butterfly?" He asked handing me the flowers. AGAIN? WHATTTTTTT !

"Uh I don't know what to say-" I stammered.
"Look I know I get it. I'm not telling you to trust me and love me and all that. Just be with me and I will too. I'll want your trust and work my way up. I'm just absolutely Crazy for you Jennette. I can't stop thinking about you. Please I really want this." He said holding my hand.
Soothing.
"Okay." I whispered and he immediately hugged me. Which felt nice and safe.

"ABOUT DAMN TIME !" Ashton came out shouting. Okay wow and I was the dumb one. Totally did not see this coming.