Chapter 22 : Messy.

AJ's POV :

"I need to go." Dad was muttering. He's acting crazy.
"Let me drive you c'mon." I took the car keys.
"Stay right here I'll go tell Hunter and be right back." I said.
After telling Hunter I hurried back and drove outta the drive way. Got no idea where the hell we are headed. Mind was going crazy. What am I to expect even ? Was it really her or was dad imagining. Wasn't gonna ask him. He was just looking the sides trying to spot her so hard. After going on for her 20 mins I pulled out into a park. It was buzzing with people and dad suddenly ran out. FML.

I started running behind him of course. He ran towards a woman who was fairly tall. Assuming it was the person he called 'wife' I slowed down and walked.

"You lied and left me." Dad said sternly.
"Henry I'm sorry" She whispered.
"Just stop lying for once April. Always lying." He was pretty annoyed now.
"Let me explain" The woman explained.

I walked in front of the both of them. The woman gasped. It was really her. I looked at her top to bottom watching her every move. She was just like me. So much of resemblance that I couldn't believe my eyes. It was crazy.  Dad walked off in the direction of the car. Why are men so damn dramatic ? Before I could she called out to him. He didn't turn, so she ran up and caught him. She showed me her watch and walked with him. Give them time okay. Why didn't I feel mad at her ? Dad's anger is allowed but why not me ?

Henry's POV (AJ's Dad)  :

When I swung her around I didn't know what to feel. Cry or smile. Seeing April didn't make me feel good. It was weird seeing a dead person alive in real life. You feel me ?
She was just as beautiful but everything was off somethings just didn't feel right. I saw AJ mesmerized by seeing her but I don't blame the kid. She's never seen her when she could understand. Poor girl she's gonna suffer so much by it. I turned around and walked away  because I just didn't know what to say. She caught up obviously. I still walked towards the car and leaned on the door letting out a heavy sigh.

"Why did you come ? Why now ? Why after so many friggin years ?" I questioned.
"I had no choice." She mumbled.
"Oh no you had a fucking choice and yet chose to leave." I said staring at her.
"Henry listen to me." She held my hands and I dusted it off.
"I'm giving you two minutes to explain afterwards fuck off." I said looking away.

Ariel's POV (AJ's Mom) :

"I got a call from Roger saying he needs 100K in cash within one hour or he would blast our house. There was absolutely nothing I could do. I didn't wanna tell you and drag you plus you were injured and I knew you hated him. I said no and drove home. When I got out of the car I got call again by Roger and he had rifle pointed to my head I mean the laser or some thing. He said he'll kill April. I saw her through the window with you and I just didn't --" I cried I couldn't get words out. Took deep breath and started again.

"I did as he did and went to the hospital faked an illness I can't believe you bought that dumb drama and got out. I'm sorry I hurt you but Roger was the one who knocked your car down the mountain at the race and he could do anything worse so many times over to kill you. I didn't wanna risk shit. I didn't wanna come back till I finish him and I did. I'm sorry Henry but I did this for you." I walked away getting a final look at him and April who was sitting on the floor quite far away.

AJ's POV :

I saw mom leaving and hurriedly sprinted towards dad . He didn't seem sad he just seemed mad.
"Hey, what happened? " I said gently.
"It doesn't matter you know just get in I'll go drop you at the cottage." He said getting in already.
"Okay." I wasn't gonna make everything more dramatic than it already is. I'll get my answers soon. Kept in the dark for 17 years I think I'm used to it now.

Got to the cottage and told Hunter what happened. I seriously wanted to just chill now because my head just aches. All the elders left after eating and left the kids to start the real one. Leaving the issues for tomorrow i chugged down one shot. Drink it off.

3 more chapters left guys ! Stay tuned❤️
Hopefully you like it. Tell me how you feel already 💯
Much love x