When Harry met Sofie - Chapter 39

Chapter 39

The doctor glances to the ground, then to a nurse and then to my baby. He looks confused. Why the hell is he confused? I still have another baby left! He should know he has to get that baby out! God, why are people so stupid today? I mean come on!

As more pains start to come, the doctor passes of my baby boy to a nurse while two more nurses rush in the room with a rolled in bed. They look at the ground in panic. Why the hell does everyone keep looking at the fucking ground? I'm in labor here! And seriously, where is Harry? How can he just leave like that when I'm in the middle of having our babies? What an ass.

"Okay, on three again Sofie." The doctor calls. I groan, ready to quit and just go to sleep. Having a baby is serious work, and I'm not the type that likes to work a lot. After this, I think I'll sleep for days. When three comes around, I push as much as I can but it isnt enough appearently because Isabel is still in my stomach.

Falling back on my pillow, my mom wipes my face with a cold rag that feels like heaven right about now. "Mom, I need Harry." I whine as I close my eyes. My mom rubs my arms and kisses my forehead.

"I know, baby. But Harry cant be here right now." She tried to soothe. But how the fuck is that going to soothe me? She's telling me that my fiancee cant be here to see our children be born. There is nothing standing in his way to seeing his kids be born but himself.

My eyes snap open and glare at her. "He'd be here if it fucking mattered to him. He's the only one in the way of seeing this." I snap at her, telling her my inner thoughts. Everyone in the room eyes widen, looking at me in shock. "What?" I yell at them all.

"Honey, Harry fainted when Kingsley was born. He's right next to you, just not awake." Someone said to me,  but I stopped listening and turned my head to see a quietly sleeping Harry on a bed right next to me like they said. Opps... I sure do owe him an apology when he wakes up.

All the while the short conversation was going on, my pain slowly began to get worse and worse. Its became so worse, I have a steady stream of hot tears streaking down my face. It wasnt this bad the first time. Something is wrong...

I glance up to see the panicked expression on the doctors and nurses face blurred in my vision. My eyes widen, but dont clear as more tears continue to stream. Something is really wrong. They wouldnt be panicked if nothing was wrong... "W-whats wrong?" I studder.

All of their heads snap up to me, eyes filled with worry. The nurses look at the doctor, who's eyes stay on me. "Sofie..." He glanced around. Then his eyes landed on my tear streaked face again. "Your baby is breeched." He finished.

I look around the room to see my moms mouth fall open, along with Kate's. What the hell does breeched mean? Is my baby okay? She's still alive isnt she?  My little girl... I've already lost one baby, I cant lose another...

"Honey, we have to do an emergency c-section, since the baby is breeched. Being breeched means the baby is coming out feet first, not head first. If we dont do the c-section soon, the possiblity of her passing is graver." My eyes widen at the doctors words. She could die... loosing two kids is just to much.

Sniffling, I wipe my eyes. "Do whatever you have to do. Even if it means taking my life... Make sure Isabel lives, please. That is all I ask. Dont let me loose another kid. I dont want to wake up without my daughter, okay?" I demand to the doctor. Sorrow flashes in his eyes as he nods.

My mother and Kate begin to protest but I cut them off. "I cant go through the pain of loosing another baby. If anything happens to me, please make sure my kids know I love them. And tell Harry "I'm sorry and I love you"." I say to both of them.