Chapter 26

I had always dreamed of this moment, although it was more of a nightmare. But a dream still. Although my dream was very different, we were facing off with each other, my team against his army. My power against his, my secret powers he has no idea of. The way his face would look as it lost all of its life, The surrender his army would hold as their beloved leader fell. I did not expect to be tied to a table almost vertical to the wall where he can have full view of me without my opportunity to fight. His own crooked yellow pointed teeth smirking at me in victory that he thinks he can see.

"How did you get here? And undetected!" Setrakus Ra asks me, his pure black eyes shining from the light projected off my metal table. I keep my mouth shut in protest to his threatening demeanour.

"It was quite rude of you. To not announce your presence to me, allow me to go on without even knowing of you."

"Well you don't deserve that information. None of you did. Terribly sorry to burst your bubble." I reply, a sarcastic smirk plastered across my face in defiance.

"You know, if you won't tell me, I am not afraid to" He says as he glides his small sharp blade he pulled out of his pocket across my upper chest. "do this" He finishes with an evil grin that shows his longing for impacting pain. Blood starting to gradually seep out of the wounds he has made, the warm liquid dripping slowly down my chest and stomach, moving with the way my body takes it.

"Tell me, how did you get here? What legacies do you possess Eleven?" He once again continues to ask questions that I will defiantly silence to.

"Oh you silly girl," He says as he brings out another type of knife, this one the colour of a red hot fire, and no doubt just as hot. He digs it in a spot on my neck, a sizzle sounds from my neck as the scorching metal comes in contact with my skin, an agonising pain piercing through every tendon around that area, sending nerve impulses up my spine. A scream of pain echoing from my voice.

I try to bring out my water whip, but it will not summon. The lack of water and moisture in the room no doubt a factor for it. But the main cause is Setrakus Ra, his own power that Nine has told me about of silencing any legacies from making a drastic entrance.

It then sets in that I have no power to stop him, to stop my pain, nor stop him from inflicting it.

"I will not talk! No amount of pain can hurt me!" I spit at him. My bravery trying to stop him from seeing my fear.

My fear, the fear of my death, the fear of no goodbyes. I did not get to see them, not Marina, not Nate, no one. I will die alone in this dungeon. A place that my soul will haunt forever. A place that is devoid of any pleasure. A place that lacks any ounce of happiness. A gruesome cruel place that houses the tortured souls that have once walked these souls, the walls that I soon will be joining in death.

"No amount of physical pain, I know that. You are a Loric, you think that I didn't take that into consideration. And oh you poor soul. Do you think they didn't come to save you?" He says, his last words ringing through my ears like a ghost scaring an innocent child.

"Bring him in." Setrakus Ra announces to the other Mog whom seems to have been supervising this session.

And then at the corner of the room, a metal door slides open. A struggling man stumbles in two Mogs on the side of him, restraining him. A black sack over his head as to make sure he does not know his whereabouts. But once they rip the sack over his head. My heart drops, the chocolate brown eyes I have been longing to see capturing mine in an instant.

"Jen!" He yells as he struggles against his restraints to reach me.

"Nate! Why! Why did you come!" I yell back, tears welling in my eyes as I realise our situation.

"How could I not! I love you Jen!" Nate yells. My heart leaping and then dropping at his choice of words.

"Oh what a lovely reunion, and now soon to both die together, how romantic!" Setrakus Ra says all but jokingly.

"Where are the others?! Are they okay?!" I ask, desperation taking over as I ignore Setrakus Ra.

"They are safe! They got out!" He says, a slight smile taking place even in the saddest of situations.

"Now now Jen. Back to our little game." Setrakus Ra starts as he quickly makes his way over to Nate. A rope with small pointed spikes at the ends appears in his hand as he moves it in front of him.

"You hurt him and I will kill you!" I seethe through closed teeth. My hair standing up on my skin in anger at Setrakus.

"Ooh, she has a temper." He laughs, "What if I did this?" He says as he flings the rope around, making the spikes hit Nate's skin, deep gashes causing to appear, blood quickly pouring out of them. Nate lets out a painful groan as the spikes come in contact with him.

"Stop!" I yell, thrashing against my restraints, the restraints that are lashed to my slightly vertical and diagonal table. My anger and fear showing without restraint.

Setrakus Ra swings again, and again, and again. The same types of gashes appearing all over his body, except some deeper and more sever depending on the amount of pressure Setrakus used. Nate's continuous screams of agony from the lacerations he is receiving. Tears rolling down my face effortlessly as I am forced to watch.

How is one to cope with this? Watching the one you love in pain. Suffering at the hands of an evil dictator that enjoys inflicting and watching people in pain. People say that physical pain is the unbearable pain that cannot be bear. But it is not, emotional and psychological help is worse. Especially when you are unable to help and stop their suffering.

It makes my blood boil, it makes me want to kill him, it makes my skin hot. My skin seething as if wanting to ignite. I scream with so much anger Setrakus Ra turns to face me, surprise written all across his face. And then my body ignites in fire, blue flames ending in an orange tip simmering off my body.

Setrakus' legacy wearing off in surprise at my sudden outburst and scream. A distraction from his focus. Nate explodes behind him. Not only injuring Setrakus, but allowing him to escape the restraints.