Chapter 16

“We’re staying in a hotel a few blocks away, but with the mogs this close to us; we have to move on again.” I inform Six, Nine and Marina.

We all start making our way towards the building, careful not to attract any more attention.

“So what legacies do you guys have?” Nine asks with a cocky smirk. “Whatever legacies you have, I doubt you’ll be able to beat me in a fight.” He challenges Nate and me.

Nate and I exchange looks, if he thinks we are that easy to beat in a fight especially when he doesn’t know our legacies then he is a complete and utter imbecile.

“But then how did I whoop your ass.” Six grins cheekily.

“In your dreams princess.” Nine replies sarcastically

I chuckle slightly with the other few Loric around me at that comment pointed towards Nine and laugh even harder at Nine’s reply.

“Hey you! Shortie! You reacon you can take this manly, set of muscles.” Nine gestures to Nate, while flexing his muscles. Nate is not short but standing next to Nine he looks like a midget, and even worse when we girls stand beside him.

Nate’s furrows his eyebrows in frustration but quickly masks it with a grin. “I can take you with my eyes closed.”

Marina’s eyes are glued to the ground and it is clear that she is deep in thought, unfocused on the conversation going on around her.

“I can blow up.” Nate says with his husky deep voice like its nothing, but I can see the small boyish grin he is trying his hardest to suppress. Six and Nine like bewildered and taken aback. Marina again doesn’t even notice what’s going on around her.

“What do u mean you can blow up?” Nine asks intrigued by Nate’s legacy.

“I’ll show you soon.” He says with an evil glint shimmering through his dark brown eyes.

As we continue walking or sneaking along the back streets, hoping to keep out of any trouble involving Mogs. I hear a gunshot. I stop suddenly and turn around to the group straight away.

“Did you hear that?” I ask

“Loud and clear!” Nine says pointing in the direction a little bit east of our hotel. How did he hear that so clearly, even Loric don’t have that good hearing. “I have advanced hearing.” Nine smiles proudly.

“I’ll go check it out.” I say quickly. Six, Marina and Nine look at me puzzlement visible on their features. They look at each other and nod something, Nine and Marina nod towards Six and she nods back. It’s like their having a conversation through nods. Who does that?

“Six will go with you.” Nine informs me.

“I’m okay, she’ll be too heavy.” I say levitating off the ground.

They look at my feet, their eyes widening in astonishment which quickly changes to eager excited eyes. “I can help with that, I can turn us invisible.”

I nod towards Six approvingly “Okay, it will be easier to stay out of sight. But I can’t carry you for a long time.”

Six jumps on my back and we ascend into the dark, starry night sky. She grabs hold of my hand and we immediately both turn invisible. I travel in the direction of the gunshot keeping the same path as Nine pointed me in.  Slowly we hover over the top of an area with 3 men surrounding a woman. The men wear evil grins across their faces and I see the lifeless figure lying on the ground surrounded in a puddle of blood. The man has obviously been shot dead and I assume he was with the girl and equally obvious one of the men hold a silver handgun in his right hand.

“Go down here.” Six whispers ever so quietly to me. “This is gonna be fun.” I’m already taking quite a liking to Six, she is similar to me, she has her fun, humorous side, but also serious, intimidating and challenging side. We creep over beside the man holding the gun and quickly slide it out of his hand. He doesn’t notice it yet, his eyes are still eyeing up the poor innocent girl. I raise the gun up in front of the predators face, knowing my hand is still invisible. His eyes lock with the gun, and completely change when he notices its floating. His eyes spark with terror and runs away screaming his lungs out. His buddies watch their accomplice run out of the alley and focus on the gun. They also start screaming hysterically while running like mad men. Which they most probably are.

The innocent girl watches the floating gun, a horrified look on her face. ‘You’re okay now’ I say to her in her mind. I’ve learned to actually speak in my mind to other people now. I don’t need to say the sentence out loud to communicate in their head. Six jumps back on my torso and I rise back into the sky, making my way towards Nate again.

‘Nate. We’ll meet you at the hotel room.’ I say picturing his dazzling grinning face in my mind. Just the thought of him makes me blush, imagining his brown skin shimmering in the moon light, his dark brown eyes with clear focus present. I know he got the message, Nate and I had been practising with my newly developed legacy, I can send him messages from over five miles away. I just picture him, the more happier or clearer his facial expression or more detail I create, the further away I can telepathically communicate with him.

I slowly move down to the roof of the building. Arriving on the narrow roof remembering the fight Nate and I had a few days ago. I unclasp Six’s hand making my silhouette visible again, she jumps of my back and we head to the stairwell down to the elevator.

After a few minutes from arriving at the apartment, Nate, Nine and Marina walk through the door, filling the house with laughter. Nate always knows a way to make people laugh, whether they need it or not. Marina definitely needs it, it seemed like Ella meant a great deal to her.

I grab all my belongings I brought and grab a few extra bread rolls and food for the awaiting trip. I pick up Bernie Kosar’s plump, fluffy pillow and stuff it in my back pack. I know I shouldn’t because it belongs to the hotel, but it’s got dog hair all over it and I know BK loved that pillow. I regroup in the lounge where I found the three new Loric relaxed on the couch. BK cuddled up in Marina’s lap.

I can tell that they need to rest; they are probably exhausted from their returning journey from wherever they were. Knowing we need to leave soon with the Mogadorians right on our tail. I tell the new comers.  “Listen up, I can tell you need to rest, we’re gonna sleep here for the night and leave first thing in the morning.” 

A.N.

There is a picture of what Eleven looks like on the side, so you have a better idea of what I imagined Eleven to look like.