Chapter 17

A.N: I'm very sorry for the wait, I don't have a proper excuse, I've been very busy lately, and finally I'm on holidays so hopefully I'll update more reguarly now. Again I'm very sorry for the wait. Please enjoy this new chapter.

Your Author Elise - xoxoxo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel the sun’s rays crawl across my olive skin, dawn releasing its colours through the dull room. I feel a strong arm protectively wrapped around my waist. I turn my head slightly to the side taking in Nate’s strong but peaceful features. I peck him gently on the cheek and slowly try to lift his arm off me. His grip strengthens around me while I’m trying to get his arm off.

“Stay” I hear him quietly mumble.

“I’m getting up.” I whisper into his ear.

His arm caresses the side of my waist that is lying on the couch. Blocking me from getting his arm off me at all. He shakes his head roughly signalling he doesn’t want me to get up.

I use more of my strength, Twelve regrettably releasing me from his arms. I give him another quick kiss before turning to leave. I make my way over to the kitchen and fix myself a bowl of coco pops. Eating it I hear footsteps behind me but I don’t think anyone else is awake. I grab hold of my pendant ready in case something happens. I turn around and catch a glimpse of Six’s dyed blonde hair.

She takes a seat opposite me and digs into her breakfast. I stare at her curiously, hoping to find out what has happened to her and the other 3, what happened that caused their group to split up. She looks up to me an expression of awareness and untrusting of myself.

“What happened? Why did you and the others split up?” I ask her hoping for her to reply.

“He betrayed us, we trusted him, he was our own kind and he killed him. He killed Eight!” Six says with a hiss, anger spreading through her body, a tear escaping her eye at the mention of Eight’s name but she wipes it away as soon as it falls.

“Who betrayed you? Who killed Eight?” I know we are another down now; we have lost another Garde. 1 less to fight against the army of Mogadorians, one less to help us.

“Five! The last garde we needed to find! We trusted him! I never thought our own kind would partner with the Mogs! Never! Because of our stupid actions, Eight is gone! He is never coming back! It’s our entire fault!” She releases anger and regret storming through her eyes.

“Wait? Five? You mean another Loric killed Eight?!” I ask anger starting to boil in me but still astonished from the news I am being told.

“Yes! He killed Eight! We were going to retrieve Five’s chest and Five killed him!” Six spits out in disgust at the memory of Five

“He’s going to get it though! He does not know what he has just started.” Marina says dangerously walking into the room, obviously eavesdropping on the conversation. “I’m going to find him, and make him for what he did. They’re all going to pay.” Marina continues through gritted teeth. When I first met Marina she seemed like a calm, caring person. But this side of Marina I have just seen makes a smile spread across my face. She is definitely not weak, I think at that the mention of Eight anger takes over her,  meaning she definitely will not hold back against the Mogs and now what it seems, Five.

I can’t believe him, he betrayed his own kind, and he joined the Mogs, the ones who killed his family, the ones who destroyed Lorien. I feel rage spiral up my spine. Even know I never met Five, but from what they are telling me, I want to kill him, make him suffer, bring him pain that he could never imagine.

I know at this very moment, I need to leave, get some air, blow off some steam the way I prefer to do it.

“Guys I’ll be back soon, I need to get out for a bit.”

I say walking out to the balcony, actually that might not be the best idea in the daylight. I head out the apartment front door and jump in the elevator. After a few minutes I make it to the outskirts of Chicago finding a nice forest so no one can see me.

I use all my strength in my telekinesis. Ripping a giant oak tree out of the ground, roots and everything. I have advanced my telekinesis extremely; most Loric or Garde cannot lift extremely heavy things out of the ground by themselves. I close my eyes feeling around the curves and nooks of the tree. I start to dismantle the tree breaking it into logs and planks of wood. The leaves at the top just gently float to the ground, covering the floor with a thick layer of leaves.

After a few hours I’ve set up some fences around in case something decides it wants to take a stroll through my small training ground. I’ve also set up a few dummies to practise on. I grab my broach and feel it morph into my sword which I have now named Atamus.  A few hours of slicing dummies and deflecting some different rocks I found and included them in my dummies. I’m about to destroy my last dummy when I hear a loud crack around the corner.

I turn towards where I heard the crack. It’s probably nothing, just an animal. Starting to pack up my training drill for the day another cracking noise echoes throughout the forest, this one is a lot closer though. Okay now I’m worried, it can’t be that much of a coincidence. I’m about to fly off when I see a Mog emerge from the forest. How did he find me? That’s impossible, no one saw me come in here. He pulls out a blaster and quickly shoots me in the side before I flew off.

My vision goes blurry, all I see is white. The pain in my side is excruciating, nothing like I’ve ever felt, this is nothing like the other blasters that have hit me. Using the amount of strength I have left I fling the Mog off with my telekinesis. Only to see dozens more piling in behind him. I can’t fight them all by myself. But I don’t have the strength to fly back to others. I start to run, jumping over the fence I built. Only to hear it being knocked over almost seconds later.

I sprint, jumping over tree roots and logs. I find myself at a lake. Nowhere to go. I turn to run left but see Mogs coming out of the clearing, turn to my right and the same thing is happening. I’m surrounded.

I grab Atamus, revealing its true form. The light illuminating the dark forest and crystal blue water. The Mogs advance at me. Their swords and blasters at the ready. I hear the sound of a blaster charging to my left and roll forward as to dodge the blaster cannon. I fight off a few of the mogs but my strength still hasn’t fully come back to me. There’s too many of them, I slowly back into the water unsure of how I’m going to get out of this situation alive. I’m up to my waist in the water. I don’t know if I’ll survive this. I can’t fight them alone. I feel a blast hit me in my shoulder, knocking me backwards my head under the water. A Mog grabs me, holding my head down so I can’t resurface. I struggle in his grip. I feel the air leaving my body.

A different feeling surges through my veins, up my spine and into my finger tips. I close my eyes, unsure of what this new source of energy is. Moving my fingertips feeling the power that is withholding itself inside me. I feel the last ounce of air leave my body.

I shoot my hands out to the side, screaming from under the water, the clear liquid filling my mouth. The energy inside me powering towards my fingers and palms