Chapter 20

“I ask you to remember one thing! One single, bloody thing and of course you forget!” Six yells, frustration seeping out of her wreathing body. Her eyes glowing with rage and anger. It looks like, in any second she will pounce and rip Nine to shreds.

“Hey, it’s not my fault! You should have reminded me! It’s not like the mogs will get the tablet or anything anyway. We can just turn around and get it.” Nine states back towards Six, his smartass side clearly showing through.

“Oh my god! We can’t go back there! After that little stunt we pulled with the mogs close by, they know what we look like, and probably know what Eleven and Nate look like now too.” Six replies in a duh tone

“Ugh, they would have known what we looked like before anyway, what’s the difference from going then and now?”

“We can’t! Mogs will be all over that place now!” Six replies anger starting its way back into her voice.

“Well then they could have the tablet alre-“

“Guys! Stop it! We will find a way to get it, without the mogs getting it!” Marina yells, shaking her head in annoyance.

“I don’t even know how I dealt with them alone.” Marina continues, her eyes wide, continuing to shake her head.

“I don’t know if I could either.” I reply with an amused smile.

“Hey!” Six and Nine yell out in unison.

“Oh suck it you big babies!” Nate replies with a sheepish smirk.

“Hey! Who are you calling a baby?!” Nine growls towards Nate, irritation clear on his face. Nine walking defensively towards Nate.

“You ever address me like that again, ill break your face!”  Nine says, warning Nate.

“Aww, did I offend the big baby?” Nate replies with a mocking baby voice added to it.

Nine pushes his forehead against Nate. Clear irritation and frustration seething through his clenched teeth.  Nate pushes back, standing his ground against the tough guy of the group.

“Watch your mouth pretty boy, or that face won’t be pretty much longer.” Nine threatens

“Take a step back or I’ll have to make you step back!” Nate replies threateningly, his angry side coming out.

I step between them, placing my hands on their chests, moving them apart from each other.

“Guys, chill, we’re on the same team here. Use your anger on the mogs, not each other.” I say directed at both of them, my voice soothing, trying to calm the tension in the room.

Nine storms out of the room, clearly not use to the strength of another guy; it must have been a few weeks since they’ve been with John and the others and regrettably, Eight. I don’t know how I would have dealt with that as Marina, she told me the other day that she had a great liking to him, wasn’t sure yet, but may have even loved him. She never goes one day without thinking about him. If I had lost Nate, I don’t know how I would continue living.

Eight must have been the one who held the group together, not the leader, as I have been told is John, not the tough one, but the goofy one, the glue of the Loric…..pack.

Nate and Nine better find a way to fix that little quarrel of theirs, especially if they won’t cooperate for our little training session tomorrow. I’ve been whipping up a few of my dummies, except this time, I’ve advanced them, made them strong almost strong to beat us, never meant to kill, just maim and seriously injure.

I hear footsteps from behind me; I cock my head to the side, peering over to see a brown haired girl strolling in the gloomy dark room. Marina plops herself on the sofa next to me, handing me ham and cheese sandwich.

“Thanks babe.” I reply with a grin across my face, happy that someone thought about soothing my hungry stomach. “How did you know?” I ask dumbfounded that she brought me that specific sandwich.

“It’s my favourite; I would have eaten it myself, but thought you would like some company.”

“It’s my favourite too!”  I reply

“Oh, aren’t we just twins.” Marina replies happily. After a little while of talking about, who knows what? Marina leaned her head on my shoulder, tired from the long day of travelling and just arguing between everyone. Marina and I both fell asleep, her arms went around my waist just before I fell asleep also, she probably thought I was a teddy bear or a pillow, I’m just happy to be her comforter, she’s going through a hard time, she must miss eight a lot. So I’m happy to just be a source of support, a way to keep her head above the water. A best friend.

It’s clear we need to find an anchor, someone who will keep the differences at bay, just as Pittacus Lore did within our own elders. A lot of them disagreed at times but Pittacus always found a way to keep the peace, that’s what we need now. We need a leader.

I’ve been told that John was their leader, the one who kept everyone in line. Even know he was quite young compared to some of the others, he seemed to lead them as a team anyway. So at this rate, with the fights just increasing, co-operation starting to lose its attachment, we need to find John a lot sooner then we have planned to. We need to get a move on in finding the separated of our team against the Mogadorian. The people who will fight with us.

“GET UPPPPPPP!” A loud annoying voice yells right in our ears. “WE HAVE TRAINING!!!!”

My eyes shoot open at an alarming rate, Marina jumps up from my stomach and starts to swing her arms around rapidly, one of her arms colliding with Nine’s face. Serves him right, you never wake a girl up like that. It doesn’t end well. Nine clutches his face with his big strong hands.

“Hey! What was that for?!” Nine yells, upset.

“You woke us up, you’re lucky she didn’t kill you instead.” I reply irritated with that wake up stunt.

I manoeuvre out of the room before another fight starts between Nine and Marina, it seems Nine always tends to be right in the middle of almost every fight, he’s just that guy who likes to get on peoples nerves.  

We all head out to the training ground, where I have set up a few sets of dummies and other little devices that can help with our technique and skill. I want to see the newbie’s in combat,  we haven’t properly shown each other our skill yet apart from that one time when we all first met, but still I barely saw what they could do cause I was too busy keeping myself alive and killing off the group of mogs, well here we go….. Our first training session as a team, or at least half the team.

A.N: Sorry guys, its been much longer then I would have liked since my last update, I am truly sorry, I'll try to update more reguarly from now on, but if it isn't I am sorry, I'm trying to work around my school work, sport and learning my guitar so I don't always have that much time, but here you are a brand new chapter, hope you enjoy, vote, comment, follow and I would deeply appreciate it :)