Chapter 2

The next thing I pulled out was this yellow stone. I didn't even know what it was, let alone what it did. I figure I'll find out later sometime in the future. 

I eventually pulled out a little blue velvet bag, and in it are 7 different patterned balls. One of them looks like the planet earth, some are bigger than others, and they are in no way the same. They all give off varying feelings and temperatures. I tried many different things to get them working. Throwing them on the ground, licking them, even kissing them. Nothing worked.

Of what I know, 12 never properly opened his chest around me either. But we did help each other control our first legacies. His first legacy was ... Oh, I don't even remember what it was called. But he could hear the thoughts of the people around him. At first it was only the people at a close proximity, and he would hear many voices speaking all through his mind. But over time he was able to block thoughts out and focus on 1 or 2 - or even more - people at a time.

Later, he left. He wanted to find information on the other nine Loric's whereabouts, or find them personally. I'm not sure which ones have survived. And I'm not sure which Garde's are which numbers. But right now I'm dedicated to finding 12. He's in danger; a few nights ago I got a premonition of him. There was a Mogadorian in 12's area. The Mog sensed his presence. 

At least premonitions don't always come true. It depends on the person’s thoughts. Or if the present changes from what it is now. So that pretty much means I have to do something. I'm only a young girl, but I am also a Loric Garde, a protector of the galaxy. I believe in myself. I have to save 12, because he is one of the last Loric in the whole galaxy. He is one of the last of my own kind.

The thing, is I don't know where to find 12. I just wish there was a sign. In my vision, I saw the Mogadorian. He was in a trench coat - as usual - black sunglasses covering black eyes or eyes with no pupil or iris. Bypass that, the background. Okay… there was graffiti; it had multiple different colours and was spread across the entire wall. Which doesn't help – graffiti is literally everywhere. What else, what else, what else? There was a tall building that had a big point at the top. It was in that movie with that giant gorilla and the blonde lady – King Kong! Where was that filmed?

I open up my laptop in the Café I'm eating in, and start browsing the internet. Eventually I find it. Okay, New York. So he's either in New York, or will be soon. But how would I find him when I get there? I'll have figure it out when I'm there. I don’t have any time to waste.

I start to run back to the house. It's not big, only a few main rooms. There's the kitchen - the cupboards have marble bench tops. The refrigerator is old and worn out but it still works. Some of the cupboard doors are hanging off or the door handles are gone. Overall the kitchen is pretty small. 

There’s a circular lounge room with a double seat sofa, which is old and has patches sewn all over it. 

The lounge room adjoins to the dining room. It has one of those old white outdoor tables surrounded by four white plastic chairs. They must be like 15 years old by now, at least. There is a small study off to the left of the dining room where my laptop sits, looking lonely on the bare table. 

I run through the woods that lead to my house. My house is situated in a small opening in the dense woods. It has a long curvy driveway, almost a kilometre long. I chose it that way on purpose, so I'm hidden from the world. And so I have quite big area to train without fearing anyone will see me.

I have created multiple dummies that move and attack. They're created from old sacks of sand, and held up with sticks and rocks to keep them from falling sideways. But almost the whole shape of the body is made out of wood, and the dummies have different targets painted on them. I'm quite handy and technical with pretty much anything I can find, which is useful when the houses I live in can be in shockingly bad shape. But hey, it helps to remain unnoticed.