Chapter 18

The ability I have just discovered emits a feeling inside my body as if I am made up of entirely water. The power exiting through my fingers feels as if my insides are drying of the water that circle around inside. As the power releases, the water that surrounds my head and body contracts completely from around me, evaporating into nothingness. I kick the Mogs leg that was holding my head down. He stumbles backwards releasing my head in the process. I turn around facing his ugly, pale face. His black eyes staring holes into my skull. His eyes hold pure hatred and evil.

I don’t know how to use this new legacy yet, but I put my hand back, my palm facing towards the water of the lake. The same feeling comes back to my finger tips, except this time it feels as my fingers are reeling the water to my fingers instead away. I bring my arm above my head. Pointing it straight to the sky. I glance upwards in a split second just to see what my new legacy has done. As my eyes peer upwards I see a giant snake like shape of water extending from my hand. I close my hand into a fist and feel the strength this new power can accomplish. I bring my arm down; looking down to my hand, a smirk grows wildly over my face.

I swing the water whip around knocking many of the advancing mogs backwards. More mogs continue but I don’t hesitate to hit them with my water whip. I fling it extremely fast at a certain mog. The tail of the whip wraps straight around the mog and I fling my arm backwards. Causing the mog to go flying behind me, after a few seconds I hear that mog splash into the water on the other side of the lake.

A look of terror washes over a few of the different mogs, but they shake it off and replace it with a battle stare. I use my water whip one more time, flinging my arm sideways at them with so much power it knocks almost all the Mogs that were surrounding me backwards into the mogs that were lined behind them.

I launch off the ground, feeling my flight legacy kick in. After a few seconds I hear a loud roar in the distance. I hear flapping wings and I turn around, flying backwards now. I expect to see a small bird. But I come face to face with a giant lion, covered with scales, and wings spread of its side. Its breath smells like a thousand dead rats. Its eyes jet black. Holding pain and suffering in them.

Its closing in on me fast, I’m still a little worn out, so I am unable to fly at full speed yet. It’s large figure in front of me. Its sharp teeth snap at my leg. But I move to the side, dodging the blow that could have torn my leg off. It roars in anger and I take that as an opportunity to stab Atamus in the roof of the beast’s mouth. It howls in pain and snaps wildly at my body, hoping any one of its bites will make contact with my body.

I hear a crunching sound; an extremely unbearable pain makes itself known in my leg, sending needles up my spine. I scream, putting all my pain in that one scream. The beast’s claws wrap around my silhouette. Blocking any means of escape. I thrash everywhere. Trying my best to slip out of the hold it has on me. I bring my sword up and slice at its side. It cries in pain from the wound I just caused it. Its hold loosens and it drops me. My vision is clouding, my strength leaving my body as the affect from its bite swarms through my blood.

I’m falling, falling from a height that no human or Loric could survive. I don’t have the power to fly, the power to catch myself from my death. This is it. This is where I die. I wish I was of more help, I wish I could have been able to help in the fight against the Mogadorian.

I use my last ounce of strength to send one more message through my mind to Nate. Picturing his face, his smiling, gorgeous tan face, his big brown eyes and smooth hair. ‘Nate. I’m sorry.’ As I send that everything goes black. I lose my consciousness. Everything is silent. It’s as if I am sailing through the abyss.