Chapter 3

After a few days of training, preparing and getting ready for my quest. I know that now is the time. The time to save Twelve from capture, from death. I had another premonition the other night. It was worse than the last. This time it continued from his encounter with the Mogadorian soldier.

He was taken in a truck, blind folded and gagged. He was put into a cell; the only shred of light he had was the dim lights of the hallway peeking through the iron barred gap of the cell door. 

It was absolute darkness – Twelve was losing hope. I could feel his sadness; his hopelessness… He was losing all the energy he had left in him. It just got worse every time he was tortured. The knives twisted into him, the liquid dropping off that machine onto his delicate skin. Setrakus Ra trying to get information. Twelve not giving any.

Twelve just wanting his life to end. 

And the vision stops just after those thoughts run through his mind – our mind, I guess. I need to go now; I will not let him suffer. I need to make him change his mind. I need to find him. 

With that I grab my belongings, or at least the more important things. A big wad of cash, my chest, a few of my weapons that I invented. My favourite one is a few small balls that have spikes appear out. I have that on me at all times. 

I grab a few bottles of water and chuck them into my back pack. Clip it over my shoulder securely, and put the spiked spheres in a small zip. Just in case it falls out as I'm flying. In the wrong hands, it would be horrible. 

*****

After about 30 minutes, I am about to collapse. I need to find a place to land, to rest. Usually when I fly I can reach up to 1000km per hour. So faster than a jet. I can make out a small outline of something in the distance. As I get closer to it, I realize it is a small vessel. I need to find a way onto it, without being seen. 

I fly low around the outskirts of the boat, figuring a way onto it without attracting any attention. There's a small opening between two large containers. I land between them – luckily, where my feet are placed I reveal nothing. No one can see me, even though no one is around. 

I sneak out beyond the cargo and walk to what looks like a small, box-like shelter. 
I pick open the lock that seals the closed door. I hear a faint clicking sound, and open the door. I wriggle through the small gap between the door and wall, walking down stairs. I see the light switch, so I use my telekinesis to turn it on. 

The light burns against my eyes as I descend the stairwell. I am listening to every creek and moan the shack makes. As I near the bottom of the stairs I hear faint talking. I can't make out what their saying, but I head in the other direction. 

From the shack's stairwell, this hallway looks completely different - almost classy. It looks kind of like the hallways in the Titanic – at least, from the movie. There's a few rooms - I'm hoping one’s a bedroom, so hopefully I can take a nap. I slowly open one of the doors; it makes a loud creaking noise. I hear rustling close to the door. 

"Dad?" I hear a young voice call out. I close the door quickly and quietly, trying not to disturb the child I just woke, and manoeuvre to the next door. As silently as I can. I open a door similar to the last. It reveals a small bedroom, with a side bathroom. This will do. I close the door behind me and bolt it shut.