Chapter 13

Ash everywhere, the remains of a Mogadorian battle, is what we were expecting to find upon the roof of the John Hancock Building, but what we found was something totally unthinkable. It’s absolutely clean, as if nothing ever happened, what I don’t understand is there was supposedly a fight up here. But nothing, I find nothing at all, not even a small speck of ash.

Then I notice it, a small figure over in the corner of the roof, much too small to be a human or Loric alike. I slowly creep over to it, noticing the dried up blood puddle its laying in. Hearing the soft whimper from its smashed in snout. I crawl up beside its wounded body, I can’t even tell what it is, but I can make out small patches of brown and white over its body.

I take off my jacket and slowly wrap it around the poor animal; I slowly manoeuvre my arms around it and lift it off the cold, hard pavement. I walk back over to Twelve slowly, careful to not move too much for the sake of the injured animal. There seems to be nothing else on the roof so Twelve and I descend back down to the pent house suite.

We travel down via elevator once again, thankful for the expensive hotel having a non rocking lift. As we near to the bottom I take off the hood of the jacket which was covering his face. I see a pair of small closed eyes. That’s almost all I can tell right now because of all the dried up blood. We exit out the front door of the giant building and pick a much smaller hotel to stay at for the night.

I jiggle the key in the small key hole to unlock the door, being again careful to not knock him. I put the key in the supplied key bowl and chuck my small backpack on the sofa. I then move into the bathroom and grab a small pink/red towel from the cupboard in the bathroom. I place the bloodied animal on the folded up towel for plenty of comfort and grab a wash cloth also from the cupboard.

I dampen the cloth and start wiping gently at the fur. After about a half hour, most of the blood has been washed off and I can now tell that it’s a dog, an adult dog but not so far as to an old dog. It’s actually a beagle in fact. It looks very similar to that small beagle I saw in the vision at the John Hancock centre. It might actually be Bernie Kosar but I could never be sure until he wakes up.

I take him off the table and go over to the kitchen, grab a small bottle that is similar to what you would feed a baby with except it’s more what you would just mix ingredients in. I put the dog in a small blanket Twelve grabbed for him from the wardrobe. I place him on the soft plush couch and grab the filled up bottle with warm milk in it.

I try to move it into his mouth but he does not make it easy. I finally get it in and I can see the milk bottle ever so slowly decreasing. His small mouth firmly starts sucking on the bottle, I look down to the small pup to fine just what I was hoping for, those blazing chocolate brown eyes. His look showing confusion and fear. That means he is that shape shifting dog or beast.

 I head into my bedroom and put a few pillow and blankets on the arm chair. I place Bernie Kosar in the middle and kiss him on the head. I walk over to the balcony and open up the doors and look down to the street. Its pitch black up here but I can still see the lights of the streets down below. I turn back to Bernie Kosar and realise he’s watching me curiously from his made up chair.

“I’ll be back.” I say to him knowing he won’t understand. I float up to the roof of the small building and just watch the night sky. The stars and the moon. This is one of the most peaceful nights I’ve had in a very long time. It’s a nice change. As I had back to my room I notice through one of the windows a small, thin woman crying on her bed. I know this is probably something I shouldn’t do but I can’t help it. I use my telepathic ability and say a quote I know all too well to her mind. “Keep your face always to the sunshine and shadows will fall behind you.” I watch silently at the small smile creeping upon her warm rosy cheeks and continue my slow descend.

I enter back through the small balcony door and find Twelve patting and whispering quietly to Bernie Kosar, Twelve always was the animal fanatic. I creep up behind Twelve and wrap my skinny arms around his neck. He jumps slightly and turns towards me. His arms wrapping around my waist as he turns fully. I lean my head into his neck and cuddle him as long as possible. His arms staying protectively around my slim yet toned body.

I let go of him ending our warm embrace and move over to my bed to head to sleep. Twelve starts to head out of my room but I stop him. “Stay with me tonight?” I ask hopefully. He climbs onto the bed and takes off his T shirt showing off his muscular build. I climb under the covers and move his arm around me, my head leaning on his heated chest. We stay like that, close and cuddled up all night. Up until the early morning sunrise.

I feel the sun shine over my cosy body, signalling it’s time to get up, a brand new day is upon us. I climb out of the comfortable bed and pull some high waisted jeans on, chuck on a skin tight black tank top and a slip into my comfortable grey jacket. I head out to the lounge area pack up our normal things and head to check on Bernie Kosar.

His small eyes wake up and look up to me, still groggy from sleep. If I can telepathically communicate with people, I wonder if I can communicate with animals telepathically. I use my ability and attempt to talk to him, “Bernie do you understand me?” I send to him. His head immediately props up, I could see through his eyes that he was confused yet astounded. I pull out my Loric pendant and show it to him. He follows my hand. I can’t tell his reaction to my pendant but I’m hoping its good, considering John was a garde, he must be Loric or at least on the Loric side.