Chapter 7

I don't understand, how I am already so close to New York. It was gonna be at least a 3 day travel with me stopping every now and then. But somehow, I'm here already.

The gods must like me up there. Or at least believe I'm doing the right thing. Back to reality! Twelve, where would he be, the dark alley way with graffiti, off to the right of the Empire State Building. Roughly a few blocks away. I start scouting the area, using my telekinesis to feel along everyone's right ankle. I find nothing. 

But something catches my eye. An extremely pale man, like abnormally pale has his gaze locked on a boy, the boy looks a few years older than me. His hair is long rough looking dark chocolate brown colour. He looks like a surfer, except there are no surf beaches around these areas. 

The boy starts walking south of the Empire State Building, and for some unknown reason the pale man follows behind him, keeping his distance. 

I walk up to the man, right behind him, taking in all his physical attributes. I start to walk a little faster, purposely bumping the man, but luckily there are people everywhere, bumping each other so it's normal. I mumble a quick apology and continue. 

I feel along the boy’s ankle, there's nothing I can really make out. I don't even know what I'm looking for, twelve won't have a scar, and maybe I'm hoping for another one of us. I doubt it though. I feel up his neck, there is a necklace around his neck. I trace something rough feeling, using my telekinesis, I find the middle of it, I can feel it pulsating against my telekinesis which is pretty much my hand. I think that's it, I think this is Twelve, at least I hope its Twelve

I continue walking, a little faster than before. As I reach Twelve's side, we stop at a light. I turn my head around, slowly glance around, seeing the pale man, I keep glancing making it not obvious. The pale man keeps his distance still but his stare remains on Twelve. Something's off with him. 

I near twelve and keep looking forward. I whisper faintly so only he can here. "There's a man behind you, watching your every move and following you. Do not turn around just keep walking, try to lose him." I don't dare look at him but I can feel his confused expression. 

And with that the lights change indicating we can walk. I start walking straight away at a fast pace. I didn't expect him to but Twelve tries to keep pace with me. I turn a corner into a dark alleyway. Twelve following right behind me. I push him up against the wall and shush him with my finger. I stay glued against the wall. 

The same pale man turns and I grab his shirt hoist him up against the wall, place my forearm against his throat. 

"Who are you? What do you want?" I spit at his face. "That's none of your concern young lady!" he growls. "That's my choice not yours! Now tell me who are you!" I shout angrily. Pushing harder against his throat.

His face clenches, trying to keep his breath steady. I raise my eyebrow at him waiting for his response. None comes. I step back, he tries to make a run for it but I grab him with my telekinesis and pin him up on the wall. His feet dangling. 

"I’ll ask you again! Who are you! And what do you want! Last certain spot on it and the golden light appears from my sword. 

His face changes from bewildered to fearful. I bring it up to his neck, hoping in the process he'll crack, I swing my sword back and start it towards his neck.

"Wait!" he struggles. I stop my sword swiftly, "hmm? Are you going to tell me now?" I raise my eyebrow once again. "I was sent here on a mission, to discover if this boy was really Loric, if he would take him in, and if I couldn't, kill him. I was not expecting to find he has an ally." He pleads. "Well, we aren't exactly allies, but meh, sucks for you!"

"Thank you for your consideration, but I'm still going to have to kill you, you know I'm alive. Sorry!" I wish I didn't have to kill him, but if they knew I was alive then I'm in huge trouble. 

I swing my sword back once again. The Mogadorian closes his eyes in terror. "Wait!" he says once again. I stop all too quickly. "Ugh, what now? I need to get out of here." "Don't kill me; I won't go back to their base, ever." Hmm base, I can use this information. "Where is the base?!" "Indiana." he pleads once again. 

"I'm sorry, I can't trust you, if you do go back, and I’m dead." I give him a sorrowful look and swing again. 

The boy behind me finally speaks, "wait! I can help; one of my legacies I developed is manipulating people's minds. I can make him forget about this whole thing or even being a Mog." I nod in agreement and step back, still holding him against the wall with telekinesis, "it's your choice buddy." I say leaning against the wall.

Twelve closes his eyes; I can see the concentration through his eye lids. He opens his eyes once again. Looking me in the eye. "Done." He concludes. He has a bewildered look on his face, oblivious to what I just said.

"You! you're a Loric-" I cut him off. "You just figured that out! bit slow!" I sarcastically reply. He clenches his mouth together saying he isn't going to talk. I pick my golden broach off my shirt, his eyes watching my hand move to my broach his expression shows he's extremely confused in what I'm doing grabbing a broach. I click the deadly button that releases my beast of a weapon