Chapter 10

Twelve and I have been travelling for days. now that we're together I won't be able to just fly around the planet, I'll have to walk, or take ordinary transport, because obviously I won't be able to take Twelve with me as I fly, he would be too heavy, I struggle flying for a while already, let alone holding someone almost twice my size. It would be like a bird flying with a tiger or lion on its back.

Looking at Twelve, I realise I haven't properly had a good conversation with him since I've been here, just the small where's this? And what's that? I've barely noticed him, barely even talked. His hair is now cut to a short length, during our departure from New York, he's trying to change the look of himself so the Mogadorians will no longer recognise him. He used to look like a surfer, or someone who lived near the ocean. Once he cut his long, chocolate brown hair, he doesn't look anything like the guy he was before.

His hair trimmed into a military type hair cut, short, rough and civilised. It shapes his round, yet masculine face. The stubble growing timidly around his chin and side burns. But his big, deep, dark brown eyes are what tops off Twelve. They make him look...mysterious, unknown, like whatever is lurking in his head is dangerous but safe, wild yet tame. His tan making him look Spanish or Italian, but there are many different nationalities throughout America, like Australia but maybe more.

He wears an army patterned tank top complemented with navy blue denim jeans. The jeans sagging off the physique of his tough legs. He is almost the complete opposite to me, my wavy auburn coloured hair, showing off my emerald green eyes. My small silhouette covered with a white tank top, brown short leather jacket, and blue, faded ripped jeans. I wear dark leather boots over my stout feet. Which make Twelve and I together look rough, harsh and sharp, a pair not to be messed with unless of course their Mogadorians who don't care what we look like.

We've been riding on this bus for almost 4 hours now, we're in the middle of nowhere, I can feel the bus bump along every pothole and crack on this terribly looked after, narrow road. We're not too far away from our destination, for now just hoping we get there without any trouble.

Another hour passes and the bus slows down to Twelve and I's stop. We jump off, almost slipping on the soaked concrete beneath our feet, its pouring with rain, I look up to the sky, shivering from the cold of the icy wind passing by. We dawdle off to the left of the street, seeing a small motel up ahead. I plop my white and grey striped shoulder bag off my shoulder blade and ransack through its content. Picking out the small amount of money we'll need for the motel.

I pay the receptionist with the right amount of money and she hands me a key for a 2 bedroom apartment for the night. Opening the door of our room, there's something off about this place, something uneasy. I lock the door as soon as Twelve walks in shutting all the blinds so no one or nothing can see in.

"keep an ear out tonight, I sense something is wrong here," I warn Twelve.

"I feel it to." Twelve replies to my comment.

I head to the bedroom I'll be sleeping in, trying to fall asleep, but my mind is on edge, making it difficult to sleep, even know my fatigue is demanding me to. After about an hour I fall asleep listening to the leaves rustling from the tree outside my window.

I wake up instantly, hearing a loud roar in the distance, I sit straight away, but only to realise I'm not in the bedroom I was in, I'm again on Lorien, except this time there's no war, there's nothing, just rubble, the remains of the war, all light gone from my home. Just gray darkness. It makes me feel depressed, but angry, how could the Mogadorians do this to us. All for their unneeded "great expansion" they aren't even using my home, my Lorien, there a bunch of greedy, monstrous, savage, heartless killers. No feelings what so ever. It's their fault my family died, perished in the war. It's their fault I grew up alone with only Twelve. They will pay for what they did to the Loric. Them and all their associates. But I for one will never harm a innocent being, which are usually the humans. The Mogadorians are always trying to kill us now, when I was in Australia they never thought to attack, maybe they thought we wouldn't be there cause all the others are in America.

Well obviously now I'm here and we've been attacked very regularly, if there's only two of us, I can't imagine how hard it must be for the others, who the Mogadorian all know about. Day in and day out, fights, battles, probably injuries I'm not sure what legacies they have but I hope they at least have one of those stones that heal, even know the pain they generate, I heard is almost double the pain to what the injury was.

I wake from the reminding dream of Lorien, the dream that awoke the anger and revenge I want inside of me. From through the blinds, I can see the red and orange light coming from the early morning sunrise. The warm glow bringing happiness and joy to my low and unfortunate life. I hear the same roar I heard at the start of my dream, except it's a little bit closer this time, and of course I'm not in my dream world.

I use my fingers to pull apart of the blind shade, so I can peer out the window without getting noticed too much. As I'm scanning the outside, Twelve bursts into my room. I turn around and glare at him. I bring my finger to my mouth signalling him to be quiet. He crawls up next to me also looking out the window. But only for a short while, I feel his stare back upon me. His big brown eyes scanning my body, I look to him, our eyes meeting for a few brief seconds we hold each other's eyes, his eyes looking deep into my soul, trying to find out the darkest and deepest secrets about me. My heartbeat increases rapidly through this brief moment but I turn away, breaking our gaze.

I look back out the window, but I can still feel Twelve watching me, moves his fingers hesitantly towards my face, pushing the bits of hair away from my face, brushing them behind my ear, my eyes locking with his once again.

"My, you really are beautiful, you've changed so much since I last saw you Jen." He compliments with a handsome smile spreading across his face. He's the only one who's ever called me Jen, I would never let anyone else. Even when my name was known as Jennifer. I would just ignore anyone who called me Jen, except Twelve.

Twelve slowly caresses my cheek, his body moving closer to mine. Our eyes locked as if they were one.

"Jen, it's been almost two years. I've missed you." He expresses. I return a shy smile, looking down at my feet.

"I've missed you too." I reply nervously

He wraps his arm around my waist, his face getting inches away from mine, I can feel his sweet breath on my face, his lips moist and luscious, he gently kisses me. Savouring every moment we have alone together. I wrap my arms around his neck, my hands caressing the back of his head. His lips brushing mine like petals brushing together in an autumn wind. Sweetly, delicately, like he wants this moment to last forever.

We break apart his arms wrapped around my waist, my head leaning into his neck, his back hunched over me protectively, his head leaning against my wavy, smooth hair. We stand there in each other's arms for a while, but I hear a low growl almost right beside me, it doesn't come from Twelve but something elsewhere, something inhumane, but it's not Mogadorian either.

"Did you hear that?" I whisper quietly towards Twelve's ear. He nods his head but doesn't make any sudden movements. I slowly manoeuvre my head sideways, facing the slowly lighting glass window. I see the shape of something almost right outside my window, something that makes my heart skip a beat.