Chapter 21

Fences surround the green paddock; it’s not as big as a usual paddock but reasonable for us to train in. My training dummies have been set in various places across the whole paddock. Ready for battle, their set up to almost read how we battle, they will develop a technique or strategy together which we have to work out and demolish. I have set them with at least 10 different strategies on random but will link with all the others, it took a while to work out the mechanics but eventually I figured it out, it uses Bluetooth to link wirelessly and there’s a small hard drive in the back containing all the codes that gives each dummy the strategies.   

This session is supposed to test us, test our boundaries, test our skill, test our strategy and technique and finally test our team work. Nine and Six will be our power Loric’s the ones whom will influence the most damage and will attack head on. Marina is going to be our brains, while Sam and Malcolm are away, she’ll also be a sneak attacker along with me, Influencing force from behind and on surprise, and they won’t expect what we do. And last, Nate will help in both, he will be wherever is needed, we decided that it’d be best if Nate and I split in battle as to not get….distracted.

Marina has caught me up with their old ways, their battle training and strategies while John led them. Apparently Sarah, I think it is, was a bit of the ‘damsel in distress’ at the start when they first met, but now has turned into one of the deadliest shots on the team. Which I think is pretty impressive for a human.

I grab the cold metal remote, pressing the start button which turns the dummies on, starting the battle. The Smaller metal robots start to advance towards us, their legs clinking and clacking together while trying to step through the wet green grass. Nine and Six start to advance towards them also. Nine obviously underestimates the power of my dummies; a cocky grin formed across his rough face. I think almost all of them will think it will be easy. Oh how wrong they really are.

Six disappears into thin air, turning invisible; probably to try and intercept the ones approaching from behind, Nine brings his great staff out, twirling it a few times before going to attack the first dummy. Metal against metal sounds, Nine’s staff banging against many bits of my robots arms. The robot defending every single blow. The robot opens its mouth wide, a few clicks sound and fire is spurting out everywhere from its mouth. Nine was only just quick enough to dodge it, but he followed by tripping it, leading to the fire shooting straight up, towards the clear blue sky.

Nine slams his staff right into where a Mogs heart would be, killing it would be expected, but I don’t like expected. The robot starts to spasm uncontrollably, legs and arms flinging everywhere. Eventually Nine gets flinged off, the robot launches towards an unexpecting Nine. Knocking him in the back of the head, I see juicy red blood slowly seep from the back of the head.

A groan sounds loudly from Nine’s mouth, but ends up finishing in a angry growl. Nine launches, punching the robots face repeatedly. Punch after punch after punch, blood pouring out of Nine’s knuckles, slowly the dummy starts to slow, signalling its defeat. The dummy is now dead straight, not moving an inch. Nine leaps at the next.

Six I realise has already taken one out, I was too busy watching Nine to keep an eye on the dummies falling from thin air, or should I say Six. I see one of the robots eye the air, watching it intently. Its shining silver hands stretch out in the air and enclose around a skinny bit of air and slam it to the ground. Six reappears from the force, revealing that the robot has its hands clasped around Six’s neck. Her blonde wavy hair spread across the grassy ground. Fighting against the metal mans strength. I see a spark twitch from the metal man’s hand. A lightning bolt cracks from its hand, electrocuting Six quite violently, I cringe at that, hearing a hiss sound in pain from Six. I was hoping that he wouldn’t have the chance to use that, I guess even I underestimated my handy work. I let my power siege through me. My water whip extending from thin air. I flick it at the robot holding Six down, the whip wrapping around its sparked hand, I pull back. Flinging the dummy off of Six. It lands with a clang on the ground. I let whip go, water falling around the dummy. I grab and start multiplying what little I have left of the water, I surround the robot, causing it to start to spasm, as it did with Nine, but it’s not going to do anything because its trapped in my water.

 I grab my broach, clicking it into my grand sword, throwing it straight at the head of the dummy. Gold sparks fly through the water, my blade, piercing straight through the robot’s forehead. I let my water fall from around it, dead; it’s done its job. Six looks over to me real quick, nodding her head with a quick thank you. I can see Marina is holding one of the sharpest icicles in her hand.

What I don’t understand is how she is holding that without it burning her hands at all. I guess if she made it, she must be immune to it right? I know Six and Nine have been together for a little while now but does Nine not pay attention to any of his team around him? I guess Nine likes to work alone so maybe he can have a job by himself more than in a pair. Marina is stabbing as many dummies as I can see straight in the head, causing them to drop dead around her. Her icicle is slowly melting but she keeps adjusting it, or making it grow bigger and sharper.

Nate I see is struggling against one of the Mogs, he goes to knee the robot but the robot deflects his knee. The dummy lifts Nate above his head and throws him through the air; I leap out my hands, my telekinesis coming out. I save Nate just before he collapses into the ground. I twist him up so he is back on his feet. Nate walks up to the dummy with a deadly look in his eyes. He wraps his arms tight around the dummy. I see red glow from his skin, it starting to split in places. All of a sudden there is an explosion from where Nate once was.

Nine, Six and Marina all turn to look where Nate once was. A small smirk makes its way to my face as I watch little bits of Nate, meaning his guts and some other random gore quickly link back together. Forming Nate’s gorgeous body, his perfect chocolate brown eyes lock with mine, winking at me in the process.

We decided that I was to stay out of too much of the fighting considering I made the dummies and to analyse our team. I was to only fight if I was preventing injury from one of our people. Or as they called me, the secret weapon, the sneak attack as I said earlier. But obviously in real battle I would never hold back. I didn’t all really agree with holding back in this training session let alone in real combat.

 A.N: I thought I should make another chapter to make up for the long wait from the chapter before last, so here, hope you enjoy this training chapter. I enjoyed writing it, enjoy reading it.

Vote, comment and follow :D

Thanks, your author Elise, xoxo