Chapter 24

“Jen stay behind me! I mean it! You’re in no shape to fight them, let us take care of the Mogs, we’ll get you out, heal you, and you can kill as many of them as your heart desires!” Marina warns me. We run through the hallways of the clear white hospital. It feels as if my brain is thumping against the very skin of my forehead, at any moment the skin will break and my brain will fall out onto the white tiled floor, covering the floor in its juices and blood, making the once clean floor into a pit of mess.

My eyes rolling back into my head from all the movement. My body is still disposing of the drugs given to me to help the pain, it doesn’t help at all, it just makes me sleepy and constipated. I wish the nurses didn’t give it to me, I’d rather be in pain and shit, than sleep and strain all the time. As Marina leads me down another hallway, a bunch of Mogs swarm in front of us, pointing the ugly ends of the blaster cannons towards the two of us. With one quick wipe of the hand, Marina sends the few Mogs flying into the wall to the side, only then to land on top of each other. Marina drags me straight past them and turns the corner.

We burst through the front entrance of the hospital only to find gunfire hailing through the air. I see the Loric of our group pushing back against the Mogs and what looks like a bunch of FBI agents. Why the hell are FBI agents here? Shouldn’t they at least be on our side? I mean, the Mogs are going to destroy their world, probably wipe them all out as well. Whatever Setrakus Ra has told them, their fooling themselves, everyone knows to never trust the word of a Mogadorian.

My eyes lock with Nate for a few seconds, his eyes hold relief but still regret. We hold each other’s gaze for a few seconds, it’s like we’re sending our feelings through this one gaze, my hurt and betrayal, his apology and regret, but most of all, I think, the strong love we have for one another. In a split second I watch him cry out in pain, a bullet piercing through the skin of his chest like a drill on a thin piece of wood. An explosion of blood spurts out from the wound. He is knocked back, his feet flying up from under him. His body colliding with the ground in one loud thump.

I scream his name, and rush towards him. Worry and stress riding through my system. I cannot lose him. I know that we’re having some trouble right now, but I cannot lose him. Whatever has happened in the past between us is almost dropped in that instance, as soon as his life is on the line. Of course I still care about him; we have a history, a present, and maybe even a future. Like I guess I’ve forgiven him, I think, deep down, I did at the very start. But what scares me, is that he’ll do it again. Abandon me, when I need him the most. But right now, he needs me, and I will not leave, I will not abandon him. I am staying.

My hand grasps his right hand, the other is covering the wound. Out of all people this could happen to, it had to happen to him. He is gasping for breath, each intake has a wheeze with it, like he can’t get enough oxygen. His dark brown eyes rolling into the back of his head. Blood pouring out of his chest, I move my free hand over to the bullet wound, it wasn’t a mog cannon, it was definitely one of the FBI agent bullets.

“Jen, I’m sorry-“

“Marina!!!! Don’t Nate you’ll be fine! Marina is coming she’ll heal you and you’ll be fine.”

He breathes out ever so slowly, his eyes holding my stare, trying their best to not close from the pain. “Jen, I don’t- know what’s- go-nna happen, bu-t I love you, forev-er.”

I feel Marina grasp my shoulder; I look up, her eyes looking at the wound. She crosses to the opposite side of Nate, her hands closing over the wound, eyes shutting in the process. The red blood lining the sides start to return back to where it came from, the wound slowly healing itself.

As the wound closes fully, I feel a yank on the back of my hair. My whole my body colliding with the ground, my head bangs against a sharp rock on the side and my head is pounding. My eyes trail upwards, they come in contact with jet black eyes. The Mog kicks my side, bringing his sword up in the process, ready to plunge it down into my heart. I try to use my telekinesis to push him away, but my head is injured, I can’t think straight let alone use my legacies.

At the exact moment the Mogadorians blade would have plunged inside my body, he is wiped away from Marina’s telekinesis. I slowly get my legs under me. Trying to use any ounce of strength I have left to muster out my water whip. But nothing happens, blood is pouring down my forehead from the gaping hole in my scalp, blood washes into my eye, damaging my sight. I see Marina attacked from behind but she whips around and starts to fight off any Mogs pursuing her, protecting Nate in the process. He is awake now, but still stunned from the injury. He tries to get up, but he falls straight back down.

Six rushes over, her blonde hair whipping in my face as she gets Nate on his feet and helps him hobble over to the car Nine is already trying to defend. Marina looks back at me “Get to the car! Now!” she yells towards me.

I start to stumble towards the car. My vision blurring, the feeling of just falling to the floor and going to sleep is extremely high right now. But I can’t, I am a fighter. I have to get there. Be safe, be with Nate.

A few yards from Marina, I feel a blaster cannon break through the flesh on my back. Excruciating pain is sent up my spinal cord and down the veins of my body. I don’t scream, I just fall to the ground, unable to get back up. A few seconds later, my limp body is lifted off the ground, immediately I think it is Six, or Nine or even Marina that has come to save me. But then I see their boots. Dead black boots, with jagged points sticking off the end. The bottom of trench coats swaying back and forth in front of them. I look up to see Marina, just making it to the car, looking in it for me. She whips her head back, looking left to right. Her eyes lock on me. Eyes widening at my situation just as I’m thrown onto a cold hard surface, whirring already invading my ears. She starts to run towards me, but somehow I’m travelling upwards, towards the sky, am I flying? No I can’t be, I have no strength to even move let alone fly. I watch her as we fly into what I’m guessing is the horizon. Just as she is out of my vision a bag is chucked over my head. I feel someone tying my hands and feet together just as I pass out from the pain and lack of strength I had right then. Everything goes black, as if I’m soaring through the ender world, through the darkest depths of the mind.

A.N: Hey, It's been a while and I'm sorry, just gotten on holidays now, so lets hope there will be more updates, I'll probably update one more time before christmas, but then not until a little into January as I am going away. Hope you guys like the new chapter :D Love you all, and thanks so much for all the support, I can't believe i am almost at 10k reads, it literally blows my mind, this time last year, I was only at 600 reads. I try to reply to any comments I recieve, please follow, vote and comment, it is gladly appreciated.

Thanks Elise xoxo