Don't touch me!

"Vanessa Erullei, to Mr. Gerdling's office." Ooh's fill the air of English class as I roll my eyes and sling my bag over my shoulder. "Miss Innocent Virgin did something bad!" I hear someone yell out as I open the door to leave and hear my teacher get onto them about it.
When I walk into the office I see Brandy sitting in a chair near my principals desk. He looks worse than yesterday. "Have a seat, please." I do as I am told and sit by Brandy with a huff. "Okay, now, I'd like to hear both sides of your stories may I remind you that you are being recorded by video, I can expel you at anytime, and students from other schools are not allowed on campus." That last rule had to be for Ricky and I. I take in a four count breath in and out, I could already here Brandy stopping me for any fair reason of mine. "Well, I was in the gym doing my Chemistry homework when Brandy confronted me about a letter my..." How did I address Ricky? He said he was my boyfriend to Brandy but I didn't want rumors flying around the school I was with a boy who could smash like the hulk and could get as angry as Jacob in Twilight. "Her stupid boyfriend sent me a letter which she gave me." Brandy spats at our principal with his arms crossed along his chest. "No interrupting, Mr. Ceder, is this true?" I nod before explaining what happened including how Ricky hurt Brandy and how I sent him away afterwards. "What school does, Ricky Olson, you said? He go to?"

Oh, shoot, I didn't think of that!

"Yes, it's Olson and uh, he goes to Lincoln High School, he's a football player, it's about thirty minutes away not counting Pennsylvania traffic." I manage to pull the white lie off until Pricipal Gerdling's next sentence sinks in. "Good! I will email his teacher and get him down here tomorrow and he can just sit in your classes till I have him tell me what happened, let him know ahead of time so he can ask his parents, would you?" I accept and with that Gerdling's dismisses us with a shop of his hand. Gee, that Lincoln principal was going to have a time finding a Ricky Olson at his school. We'd played Lincoln just last night in football which is why I could only think of that school and a sport to make a excuse for his strength. "I think we know who is getting expelled tomorrow, I have the whole school as my witness and what do you have? A puny goth who you claim plays football, ha! Have fun enrolling in your new school." If we weren't in school I would have slugged him right in the mouth and maybe blacken his other eye while I was at it.

I threw my bag in my car before plopping down in the driver's side and turning the ignition on with my keys at the end of school. I pick my phone from my pocket with a sigh as I wait for my car to warm up in the cold weather. I dial my home phone to let Ricky know I was heading home. "Hello?" I feel relief to not hear the sounds of loud metal being played with cheers of joy. "Hey, Ricky, I am on my way home. Five minutes heads up on getting the place clean." I could just hear the sadness in his voice. "Yeah, okay, Vanessa." I try to ask what was wrong but he hung up on me before I could even open my mouth. I rush home, worried something may have happened to Chris or worse; Haley came back with a vengeance. When I pulled into my driveway I saw my bedroom window was busted, a whole table and several chairs had been tossed into my yard, and my neighbors whole house was decorated in toilet paper. "Ugh..." I murmur through gritted teeth while my knuckles turn white the harder I grasp onto the wheel. I slam my car door before unlocking my front door to see Chris watching Silent Hill with a pillow clutched in his hands and Ricky reading a magazine that certainly I had never purchased. "Ricky! What is that mess on the front yard and our neighbors house!" He sighs and slings the Hustler magazine to the floor before running his fingers through his messy hair. "Don't yell, I already have a headache, some thugs came through from the city and trashed our place and the neighbors place." I throw my keys and backpack down to the floor, I could just feel my cheeks heating up with anger. "You are such a terrible liar! Pick this place up, would you?" I go to head to my room but Ricky only stops me. "I am not lying to you!" I cross my arms over my chest, Ricky was without a shirt and managed to have a pair of black skinny jeans. I could not help but stare at his body for a second before snapping myself back to my angered state. "Oh, really? Then why didn't you stop these so called thugs?"

"I–"

"That's all you do! Is lie, you cheat and think you can just argue your way out of anything! You are just a huge freak and need to get out of my life because it would be so much better without you!" I don't realize what I have shouted at Ricky till it was out in the atmosphere and a hostile tension was between us. It wasn't anger on Ricky's face anymore it was a emotion I could recognize on anyone, one I had felt far to long: Hurt. "Ricky, no, I didn't mean too." I go to take his hands like I did when I made him upset, it would calm him down when he was angry or annoyed but he turns them to fist as tears start to well up. "Don't touch me!" His tears start pouring from his eyes and to his cheeks as he puts his hands up to them to wipe the tears away. "I-I am so sorry, Ricky! I really am! Please don't cry!" I try to hold his face in my hands but he jerks away quickly as the tears don't stop. "No! I'll get out of your life if that's what makes you happy! That's all I ever wanted you to be was happy! I tried every fücking day to choose what was best for you! I beat up that little punk because you were hurting so bad! I'm sorry I failed you as a friend...I'm so sorry for not being good enough." His screams turned to a fading chokes and then he just vanished like a mist, I fall to my knees in disbelief. He was gone...My Ricky was gone, my best friend...My only friend was gone. He was gone thinking I didn't like him and that he wasn't good enough for me or for anyone. My heart broke at his last words to me; I am so sorry for not being good enough.

I find myself sobbing on the carpet into my hands.

"I'm sorry, I love you, Ricky. Don't leave me now."

...Say something I'm giving up on you...