Thery're the only family I have left!

[So Josh sadly left Motionless In White, but he will still be in the story and part of the band in the fanfiction don't worry. i was a little sad that he left, but if he finds what he wants to do and what he thinks is best for him i support him fully. he'll always be the guy i tripped and the guy that had some pretty good runs on the keyboard. may he continue being successful outside of miw🤘]

I feel something inside my chest squeeze and breathing is feeling hard to do. "I think I need to get some air..." No one stops me from walking outside into the night, I take a deep breath in and sit down on the outside couch, crossing my legs and placing my chin on my fist with my elbow resting on my knee. They still aren't telling me the whole story, why would they need me?

I cast my gaze down upon my high-knee neon socks. Ever since I have gotten mixed up in all of this it seems like someone or something is always paving my road for me when it's my job.

I look up across the street once more to see a black shape.

I shift umcomfortably as I begin to have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. It stays still for a minute, but when it starts moving I feel pure panic rack my body. I quickly stand up and go back inside the house, locking the doors and shutting the blinds. "Hey, Chris...There was someone across the street,I think they were walking over to me..." Chris stands up from his seat and walks over towards the front door. "Did you see their face?" I see Ryan tense up before he pops himself up onto his chair, squating and ready to fly from the chair. "No, it was to dark." As soon as Chris places his hand on the door knobs a knock sounds at the door.

The dread returns to me and Chris bites his bottom lip. Ryan crouches a little lower in the seat, and I see Ricky appear from the kitchen with his jaw set. "What is it?" Chris hesitates and looks out the window. "...It's a kid?" All the guys walk over to the door, I try to peek over Chris's shoulder but Ricky places me behind him and puts his arm around me protectivly. I see the door open slowly and the men cast their eyes downwards. "Hey, um...My phone kind of died while I was out on the town and I need my Dad to pick me up. Can I come inside and borrow a phone, get out of the street, you know?" I grip onto Ricky's shirt at the sound of a boy's voice, he sounds about eighteen.

"Why are you out this late in the first place, kid?" Chris's voice questions and I hear shifting from the boy. "That's a long story, can I come in?" That's when I feel all the guys immeditly back up, Ricky knocks me over and the rest of the guys follow my action like dominos. "Why?" I say before looking at the door and gasp, figuring out why they men were spooked. He looks like a normal teenager, like one we'd see at our concerts. Pale skin, black and blonde hair that is long yet curled on the ends. A red flannel and white t-shirt covers his upper body while black jeans and white vans cover the lower. He looks normal, till you look at his eyes. They are so black, no whites at all. As black as a night sky without stars. He is horrifyingly creepy. The boy smiles, showing off wicked sharp fangs. "Sorry, did I scare you? Come on, I really want to go home." Chris quickly is on his feet. "Get lost!" He slams the door on the boy, but he does not leave. I manage to see a glimpse of him staring into the window with his head tilted to the right.

"A demon?" I whisper to Ricky, still gripping his shirt while trembling. "Kind of, he's a Black Eyed Child." All the guys begin to regroup and stand up, Ricky pulls me up. "Explain."

"We don't know exactly what they are...We just know they aren't good kids. The need to be invited inside a house like a vampire and then...Well...Nobody really knows what happens if you let them in. They are pretty new to us, and to humans to it seems." Josh tells me as he continued to stare back at the still awaiting boy. "Does he...Drink blood?" I look at the boy again as well, my heart quickens. "We don't know that either, we just know they are pretty evil."